Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

Looks like it will be Berba for us now.

I love players with lazy, silky skills, so I'd be happy - but about the only Villa fan who would, looking at these threads.

Glad we didn't get a reluctant Adebayor - motivation is the key thing for him & it looks like he really didn't want to come here

• Like 1

I love players with lazy, silky skills, so I'd be happy - but about the only Villa fan who would, looking at these threads.

Glad we didn't get a reluctant Adebayor - motivation is the key thing for him & it looks like he really didn't want to come here

I'm the exact opposite to this-Would have preferred Adebayor.

Happy to stay at Spurs and pick up £100k per week for doing next to nothing, says it all really. Probably dodged a bullet.

Sad really as initially I thought he could have done a job for us if properly up for it.

He's never been about pace, and could be like Teddy Sheringham in being able to keep up his level for a long time.

Obviously we've not seen much of him for a couple of years, but with this video as a reminder the worst case scenario is that he inspires some of the skilful lads like Jack, Adam and Gil in training.  The guy has got talent the like of which we've not seen at Villa Park since the "past it" Paul Merson showed up.

He might be a Tesco Value Zlatan, but it's better than no Zlatan at all...

• Like 1

ssn saying we have failed to sign him. henry and redknapp both think it would have been a panic deal and i agree

our scouts failed miserably striker wise it would seen, adebaoyr, berbatov, gayle all pants in my opinion

I guess it came down to not having enough funds to buy an established striker  :(