Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Roughly £10 million?

Bit overpriced but still leaves us a decent amount to strengthen further.

Possibly including add ons?

Add ons don't usually bother me too much. It generally means the player is doing well if they are met.

• Like 2

I know nothing about the player, but you can tell from how he's been through this, and from what he's said, that's he's a character, and one of these 'winner' types Sherwood mentioned. Our team has been too boring for too long - similarly with Adebayor - putting aside what you think of the talent - they will give the team a bit of character and arrogance that perhaps has been missing.

• Like 3

From a local Lorient journalist who seems to have had the inside track on the transfer:

Gaspard Bremond @GaspardBremond 34m34 minutes ago

#Mercato #Ligue1 #Lorient et #AstonVilla viennent de tomber d'accord pour Ayew. Montant : entre 12 et 13 millions d'euros (hors bonus).

Translated from French by Bing

#Mercato #Ligue1 #Lorient and #AstonVilla just dropped agreed to Ayew. Amount: between 12 and 13 million euros (excluding bonuses).

Roughly £10 million?

Bit overpriced but still leaves us a decent amount to strengthen further.

Possibly including add ons?

Add ons don't usually bother me too much. It generally means the player is doing well if they are met.

True.

If we can manage 10 goals each from Adebayor, Ayew and Kozak, I'll be satisfied.

Hopefully Jack will find his scoring boots and Gil should bang in a few. 

But we really should go sign Praet.

• Like 2

ITSABMH before I start to take any real interest in him.

Tbh and this nothing to do with his ability if the stories are true about his club increasing the amount and the his agent asking for silly money I would have preferred Villa to have pulled out.

Tbh and this nothing to do with his ability if the stories are true about his club increasing the amount and the his agent asking for silly money I would have preferred Villa to have pulled out.

Why ?

Without wanting to be cynical he probably sees us a stepping stone to bigger things in the PL which I have no problem with.  Play well for us for 3-4 years, bang in goals and help lift us up the table and then move on with our blessing for a tidy profit.  After Delphgate I struggle to see it any other way…

Edited by Gary Thomas

It's a two way street though. If he doesn't quite hit the heights for us we'd sell him on pretty quick.

Not too many play for one club for more than 3-4 years these days it seems.

• Like 2

Why ?

I know that it's only rumours but if they are true then it's taking us for mugs.

Maybe the club didn't allow anyone to change the agreement but if we did then everyone will try it on in the future.

Â