Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

In reaction to that above tweet concerning Ayew's reaction (or lack thereof) to our goal, Tony said something along the lines of 'That's why I was really angry.'

Edited by Ginko

I said a few pages back that this guy is a proper Jekyll/Hyde footballer. 

Fantastic ball retention, covers a lot of ground and  a constant 'threat' coming from wide. 

Get him 20 yards from goal though  and he can't make a decision (not the right one anyway). No end product at all. 

Baffling and infuriating. Must be a bit of a nightmare to play with. 

• Like 1

Watching him play I get the feeling that his aim is to do it all himself for himself rather than for the good of the team. (Possibly to get enough attention to get a move away from here.)

I actually have no big issue with strikers being a bit egoistic ( I used to be one myself and was often rather disappointed after games I failed to score in, even if we won).

But as Ayew is playing a bit further down the field, out wide,  he is more involved in the build up and therefore has to make smarter decisions to the benefit of the team. Not just try to get himself into scoring positions. 

Should also admit that I haven't seen most of the games this season so it's all based on what I have read and heard reported from the radio live feeds...

• Like 1

Exactly, I don't know why people don't appreciate the effort he puts in each match.  Yes he's probably got a big ego and has a miserable demeanour, but once we get a central striker that he and McCormack can play off we will see the difference in the output.

• Like 1

I think we need to move away from targeting individual players for grief.....and I am telling myself to, too.

This is a collective team problem and I think we would be wise to address it as such.

RDM has to sort this out, its his baby.I am not saying he is to blame, but he must find a solution.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

In reaction to that above tweet concerning Ayew's reaction (or lack thereof) to our goal, Tony said something along the lines of 'That's why I was really angry.'

I'm with Tony on this one. Let's some have **** team spirit for once eh. I don't expect the goalie to run the length of the pitch to celebrate, but a player standing 5 yards away can't even raise a smile?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

The way people are turning on him, over nothing at all really is completely over the top and quite alarming.

It's out of all proportion, Ayew simply is not to blame for our poor start. I think it's just a hangover of the negativity that engulfed us last season, manifesting in Ayew hate. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think people need to review the definition of 'scapegoat', because criticising Ayew's shocking lack of end product this season isn't scapegoating at all. 

Scapegoat

(in the Bible) a goat sent into the wilderness after the Jewish chief priest had symbolically laid the sins of the people upon it (Lev. 16).

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly, I don't know why people don't appreciate the effort he puts in each match.  Yes he's probably got a big ego and has a miserable demeanour, but once we get a central striker that he and McCormack can play off we will see the difference in the output.

He is a good player but he's like that kid at school who used to hog the ball and never pass it. You can be the best player on the park and still be detrimental to the team. He's already shown an unwillingness to pass to other people in better scoring positions. I get that strikers are selfish.. Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, etc, would never pass but they would score more often than not. Ayew doesn't. 

• Like 3

Calling him a scapegoat is just stupid. 

He is being criticised for his poor performances and his poor attitude on the pitch yesterday. Both of which are fully justified. 

IMO he should be blamed as equally as Gollini for the points we've thrown away in 2 games. 

Â