Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Surprised there's less comment on this - I thought he was very good again today, and worked a lot harder tracking back too. Takes a bit too long on the ball but looked our most dangerous player throughout. 

• Like 2

End product was really shite but he was a threat and did a lot of good work defensively. But really does need to improve his final ball and decision making in the final third. I'm not at all convinced that right wing is his position, he's not a winger, he needs to be more central. 

• Like 2

I was impressed with his defensive work today. Got back well and helped Bacuna out on a number of occasions. Looked a threat but again held onto the ball a bit longer than needed and missed some good opportunities because of it

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If you passed the ball Jordan you would probably get it back in a better position. I think this chap has had a poor education. Could be so much more.

Absolutely this. He gets the ball forward well but makes the wrong choices with it. 

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Not an ounce of football intelligence.

He's two different players for me, it's like he has a split personality on the pitch. 

Picking up the ball in the middle of the park or out wide, he's excellent. Much like Grealish he's a good out ball, as most of the time it sticks and he has a great knack of holding the ball under pressure and wriggling away from challenges. 

Get him anywhere near the opposition penalty area though and he short circuits. Nearly always picks the wrong option and his final ball is nonexistent. 

I like him, but if we could get another striker in and a wide man, I'd let him go if we got a decent offer. 

I think he was a bit restricted yesterday because he had to help out Bacuna who was caught far too central on numerous occasions. With a decent RB and a stronger central midfield he could get forward more.

We either need to convert him into the main striker leading the line or buy one and have him link up with Ayew in is current position. I just don't think we're playing to his strengths and he shouldn't need to come so deep to retrieve the ball and definitely shouldn't be helping out in defence (though I'm glad he did yesterday).

His effectiveness is diminished by the weaknesses in our midfield. Hopefully Jedinak and Tshibola will sort that out. By the end of the window I want to see us line up something like this:

---------------------- Gollini -----------------------

New RB ----- Elphick ----- Chester ------ Amavi

---------------------- Jedinak ----------------------

-------- Westwood ------------Tshibola -----------

----------------------------Grealish -----------------

------- Ayew/McCormack --------------------------

----------------------- New ST ----------------------

Edited by Ginko

He was one of the better players again. Very good workrate, tracked back well and made some very good tackles and interceptions.

The lack of end product is partly down to him, but also down to his teammates. There were times he was looking to setup somebody, but there was no movement, or players made the wrong runs - there was one instance where both mccormack and jack both made the same run, and it therefore limited options for the ball in. 

With jedinak in to give a solid base alongside tshibola, it will hopefully free things up for Mccormack, grealish and ayew to play a bit more freely and expansively in attack.

His job is to score, but primarily to create chances for others - that needs to be more at the forefront of his mind and driving everything he does.  We often see him taking players on, doing tricks and turns and looking good, but too often he goes nowhere and it amounts to nothing. I think he needs more an "other player" focus and that would make him a better player and would help him make better choices. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

Not sure how people are saying he was poor. He's out of position on the right but but a real shift in and showed moments of quality that frankly most of our side isn't really capable of. 

I'd like to see him up top if Gestede is going to be out next week - assuming no more ins.

I don't know how he fits into our system.

He is not a wide player, he is too selfish to be a supporting striker.

He plays to deep to be a central striker and he isn't clinical enough. 

From the first moment, he hasn't looked like he has wanted to be here, when he scores he doesn't celebrate or acknowledges the fans.

He may be a talented footballer but he is  not the type of player i don't want at this club. 

Aside from a good work rate can someone please tell me what he would bring to any successful team. He is 25 and still doesn't even have a position. He isn't a striker, he isn't a winger. What is he? What is his strength?

He can breeze past some pub league Rotherham journeyman, but his has no inteliigence, no ability on the ball to create, certainly cannot shoot.

Â