Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I have been saying this since last season...ayew just does not have the goal poachers/strikers instinct..and apart from that his body language is terrible,apparently his attitiude as well.

Selfish prima donna we do not need..we need to offload him fast as he is cancer to the team as was shown today when he walked away from jacks goal with a face on him like a bag of hammers.

I have got no issues with a greedy player as long as if he delivers and struts around the pitch like he's just banged the prom queen.

Ayew is doing neither atm

Edited by AshVilla

Noticed he had almost no reaction to Jack's goal.  Bearing in mind it was a young player scoring a quite excellent goal I would have expected at least something.  He's not happy not interested and not doing anything and preventing others from in fact doing something. 

He flatters to deceive and I can't understand how people don't see this. 

• Like 1

To be fair to him thats how he looks even when he scores.

I think previously people have been too quick to label him based solely on his facial expression and not what he has being doing on the pitch. Just because he seems to permanently have a face like a slapped arse, does not mean he's lazy, or is not a team player or has a bad attitude.

Up until today he's been one of the better players. From the games i've seen he was excellent against Derby in terms of tracking back, tackling etc (i.e. teamwork), against Rotherham he had a hand in the first two goals, and setup Gestede for a tap in (that was missed) after a brilliant solo run. Scored against Luton through sheer effort. 

However, today it sounds like he was in full selfish mode, which can be fine, but only if you score. Ultimately he only has 1 goal in 6 games, so he needs to start getting on the score sheet.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have a go at his personal attitude but he needs to be more clinical at goal and make the correct decision. Today was a bad mistake by him, it really should have been 2-0. I would not be surprised if he left on transfer deadline to some lovely premier league club for 10 mil+ deal. 

Yup, now playing with a sense of "entitlement". Feels he is doing us a favour and nuts have imaginarily swollen. Good player no doubt, however in this state he is doing us more harm than good. For all who hate Gabby more, talk about playing for the "money" etc, at least I am certain about who would play for ASTON VILLA for the money MORE. As moronic as this sounds.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

few pages back he was described as best player in the league :lol:

he is a an overrsted player on here and really offers nothing to our team. any team comes in for him I would sell straight away as he seems a poisonous attitude as well

I disagree with most on here and think that Ayew is going to play a huge part this season. Yesterday if he just puts mcormack in we would be 2 up and out of sight. He will think twice next time because mcormack will have made his point and it is this sort of moment where a team gels, when they learn from each other. I am not of the opinion that Ayew is selfish and will not adapt to make the team stronger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I disagree with most on here and think that Ayew is going to play a huge part this season. Yesterday if he just puts mcormack in we would be 2 up and out of sight. He will think twice next time because mcormack will have made his point and it is this sort of moment where a team gels, when they learn from each other. I am not of the opinion that Ayew is selfish and will not adapt to make the team stronger.

I was at the Rotherham game and he was doing exactly the same. How long does he have to learn that being selfish won't win us games .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How do you know it'll be different last time? Why was it not different yesterday when he did very similar before this season? He's selfish, and he's crap. 

Maybe it is because Gabby is out of the picture that everyone has seized on Ayew as the new scape goat, but yesterday's game was lost for us by Gollini, same for previous games. And Ayew had chances but he was well within his rights to take them on, and I believe he put created a few chances too. Not selfish. Not to blame for the dropped points.

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

How do you know it'll be different last time? Why was it not different yesterday when he did very similar before this season? He's selfish, and he's crap. 

Have to agree - not a team player , he plays for himself .

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I was at the Rotherham game and he was doing exactly the same. How long does he have to learn that being selfish won't win us games .

Completely agree with this. He has been doing the same all season and McCormack seems to be getting increasingly frustrated with him. It doesn't help that when he does actually look up he seems to be incapable of making a decent pass/cross. 

For me it's his attitude that is most disappointing. I find it difficult to support a player who clearly thinks he's better than he is when he offers as little as he does.

Even Bacuna got another assist from right wing yesterday and for me he offers more than Ayew. With a new right winger and a striker I don't see where he fits in and if he does get dropped to the bench I can't see him scrapping for a place in the side. 

Edited by tom_avfc

Â