Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I think it's unlikely but it's on the same as paying £2.5m to loan someone on 50k a week for a year.

Anyway as I said previously And as one of the above says I think it will be late in the window before he goes anywhere.

Agree but what it shows, Spurs have shown their hand, they want him gone. Villa can be fairly relaxed about it and press on with other signings.

• Like 1

I think it's unlikely but it's on the same as paying £2.5m to loan someone on 50k a week for a year.

Anyway as I said previously And as one of the above says I think it will be late in the window before he goes anywhere.

Agree but what it shows, Spurs have shown their hand, they want him gone. Villa can be fairly relaxed about it and press on with other signings.

Exactly and I think Sherwood gives us the edge having had him previously and there doesn't appear to be much competition other than perhaps West Ham but they will struggle dealing with Levy as they did in Jan.

Say we covered £70k a week. Over the 9 months of a season it works out to £2.7m.

Could see us going for that. He's not worth £70k a week, but then he probably is worth £2.7m all in for a year.

Guess it would also depend on if Spurs wanted a loan fee for him.

It could also upset a few villa players to know the club is prepared to pay him such a large amount for a year when they're on half of that.

I hope this is just lazy journalism as it would be a terrible piece of business for Villa. The obvious move for him would be the MLS or Qatar for the £££ and no real effort as he is 31 and wasn't exactly Mr Dynamo at his peak.

Don't think it is mate. Let's hope we get a good younger striker in.

Just saw this. It's from 'the internet' so I'd treat it with a large degree of scepticism.

7217b6df8df83f1570b80d682c2702e1.jpg

Edit: Just saw that this has already been posted. My apologies.

Edit 2: Checked the Twitter out. It's fake. Move along, nothing to see here.

Edited by Sam3773

I am not sure where the optimism comes from.

I cannot remember anyone saying he was anything other than an expensive and poor option last season and the season before that.

Certainly not a replacement for Benteke and certainly won't do enough to keep us up.

Is that not what we need to do? Try and find someone who 'could' get 20 a season, not 8.

• Like 2

I am not sure where the optimism comes from.

I cannot remember anyone saying he was anything other than an expensive and poor option last season and the season before that.

Certainly not a replacement for Benteke and certainly won't do enough to keep us up.

Is that not what we need to do? Try and find someone who 'could' get 20 a season, not 8.

I am not saying he is the answer but he has 96 goals in 225 Prem League appearances. Clearly age, fitness and hunger/desire could all be an issue but if Sherwood believes he can once again get the best out of him then as a short term fix I wouldn't be against it.

Just saw this. It's from 'the internet' so I'd treat it with a large degree of scepticism.

7217b6df8df83f1570b80d682c2702e1.jpg

Edit: Just saw that this has already been posted. My apologies.

Edit 2: Checked the Twitter out. It's fake. Move along, nothing to see here.

Sorry i might be late to the party but thats my pal Viz, What are folk assuming thats fake about the photo?

Edited by Kingman

It's been posted numerous times each day since about Friday.

Sometimes it's an airport in London, sometimes it's birmingham, sometimes it's abroad.

Whoever posted it originally may have been genuine, but the other dozen people who have posted it claiming it's theirs are bullshitting