Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

This is where a Cleverly type loan would be ideal. Get Adebayor on a year loan with an option to buy for £3million at the end of the season. Hopefully Spurs can pay 50% of his wages as well. 

The loan would be very much like Cleverley as he's actually out of contract next year.

• Like 1

Only perform every other year, and always raise his game when he play for a contract. 

Next year could be double up for him with that in mind. 

I'd be careful to sign him on a long term contract, he tend to go stale and lose interest over time. 

One thing is for sure, Adebayor won't take a wage cut in the final year of his Spurs contract. So low transfer fee and low wages won't happen.

I imagine Levy is desperate to get rid though, for me a free transfer or loan with Spurs paying what Ade is on above Benteke would be fair for all parts. 

Was on fire for the half season with Sherwood in charge. And exceptional in his first season at Spurs, where he not only scored 17 league goal, he also had similiar number of assists. 

Was first player in european top football to go past double digit in both assist and goals that season, and in the end he was by far the one with highest number of both in Europe as well.

So if you get good Adebayor next season, you'll be laughing - but he's not a long term solution.

• Like 1

I think a good signing IF we bring in another forward with him. Looking at his CV he is arguably more talented than Benteke but he has a bit of an attitude about him which I think Wenger and Sherwood was only one get anything out of

When he wants to play he is as good as we can attract

Only perform every other year, and always raise his game when he play for a contract.

That's a pretty big reason to want him then. Out of season next summer. If we can loan him for a year, he can decide to turn up and bag himself some attention for a lucrative contract in USA or Middle East, he's quite welcome here.

I wouldn't be against him here, as long as the wages are reasonable and he's not 'plan A'.

No thanks backward step

It will be very difficult for us to make a 'forward step' in regards to replacing Benteke. The only hope we have is that we sign the next Benteke. The more established players on the market that are realistic for us won't cut the mustard (i.e. the Austin's and Adebayor's of this world). 

This is where a Cleverly type loan would be ideal. Get Adebayor on a year loan with an option to buy for £3million at the end of the season. Hopefully Spurs can pay 50% of his wages as well.

Given his contract is up at the end of the season, handing over three million quid would be the best deal Spurzzzz have ever made!

• Like 1

Would be an absolutely awful signing.

Fortunately, I think this is all lazy journalism. Tim will know better.

Tim will know better. Better than anyone here on this forum. IF Tim wants him then it's because he knows what he hopes to achieve with the signing. He'll know his personality, mental and physical condition and abilities far above you and me. This is a player that's well known to him, and he'll know if he fits into his Villa plans.

If Tim thinks he can do a job for us then I'm happy to trust his judgement, especially if he's brought in alongside a proper attempt to replace Benteke.

All a big IF though.

• Like 1

Tim will know better. Better than anyone here on this forum. IF Tim wants him then it's because he knows what he hopes to achieve with the signing. He'll know his personality, mental and physical condition and abilities far above you and me. This is a player that's well known to him, and he'll know if he fits into his Villa plans.

If Tim thinks he can do a job for us then I'm happy to trust his judgement, especially if he's brought in alongside a proper attempt to replace Benteke.

All a big IF though.

That's very generous.

No manager makes exclusively good signings. All managers make bad signings.

This would be one of them. I won't trust Tim's judgement on it, but I would hope he'd prove me wrong.

Tim will know better. Better than anyone here on this forum. IF Tim wants him then it's because he knows what he hopes to achieve with the signing. He'll know his personality, mental and physical condition and abilities far above you and me. This is a player that's well known to him, and he'll know if he fits into his Villa plans.

All a big IF though.

That's very generous.

This would be one of them. I won't trust Tim's judgement on it, but I would hope he'd prove me wrong.

While signings can turn bad at the time of the deal all signings are seen as good. Exactly the same as decision you make that's turns out bad...at the time it's the right decision.

All a big IF though.

That's very generous.

I get that, but more often they are signings where the manager hasn't had previous dealings with that player.

Adebayor certainly does come with a reputation, but there is also a lot of ability in there too. Tim may feel that he can get that ability out of him again. I may be wrong, but when EA was in the Spuds bomb squad, didn't he work with Tim in their youth team? Not sure, but anyway I'm pretty sure Tim would know more than most about what state of mine Adebayor is in.

That's if he wants him at all, of course. I'm willing to give him some leeway on this but would expect him to come in alongside another striker. As a replacement for Bent and Andi, I think it makes sense, especially as a loan. I'd rather see him come off the bench ahead of Gabby, that's for sure.

Maybe mentoring a 'young' Adebayor could be part of the motivation he needs too.

All conjecture, but I'm certainly not against this. All our 'wildcard' signings have been a risk based on whether the talent was there or not. We know on his day, Adebayor is a beast. Far beyond our normal offerings. If Tim can coax more 'days' out of him than not, then we've got a good deal IMHO. 

No issue with him coming here as long as-

1. we sign another striker - Austin would be my choice

2. wages are capped at £40k a week with additional bonuses for goals and/or a loan deal with an option to buy

If this is the Benteke replacement I think most of us would be terrified about next season before we've even kicked a ball. Adebayor has a lot to prove and nobody knows if he has the hunger for it anymore.

Edited by Fight Like Lions

I think it would be a great bit of business if we sort a good deal financially. Sherwood has proved he can get him scoring, would need to bring in an up and comer as well like this Oulare as Adebayor is obviously getting on though.