Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

A good player. A year at those wages is good business if no transfer fee.

Yeah that would be good business. If he was a good player

Well...Arsenal, Real Madrid, Tottenham...I think he can be classified as good, especially under Sherwood.

Edit: And Manchester City

Edited by momo

A good player. A year at those wages is good business if no transfer fee.

Yeah that would be good business. If he was a good player

Well...Arsenal, Real Madrid, Tottenham...I think he can be classified as good, especially under Sherwood.

Edit: And Manchester City

But they are not asking for him back! Guess he could be our level now.

I'm surprised his talent is in question.

They're not asking for him back because of his personal issues. Clubs like that don't need to gamble. That doesn't mean he can't still kick a ball well.

I'm still not convinced by him, but he was a very good player.

Scored 11 premier league goals in 13/14, we're not a club where you can really turn down that goal ratio.

Pretty worried he didn't play a whole lot last season. We've signed big players before who've hardly played for their previous clubs for ages like Sidwell and Ireland and they've been disasters but actually that 11 goal season Adebayor didn't make an appearence until November 21st so maybe he dosen't need loads of games to get into swing of things.

Certainly not a replacement for Benteke and certainly won't do enough to keep us up.

Youre going to be massively let down by every single player we are linked with if this is what you want from our next striker. Nobody is a replacement for benteke and nobody will be able to keep us up like he did.

Im w/e about ade, seems just as much of a risk as buying some unknown striker from abroad. We all know he can boss games if he wants to and im sure he will score quite a few goals under sherwood. As long as its a loan+bring in another younger striker i dont care. Fine with paying high wages aswell if its a loan

Edited by gharperr

I think Adebayor will play to his best next year because he will be looking for that big contract come next summer.

100k/week is the opening negotiation - I'm sure we'll settle somewhere around 75k. With no fee involved that would be worth it.

Obviously I'm talking about one year while he's in the shop window, would never agree to that over 3 years.

I thought it was a shit signing for Spurs when he joined them and so I think it will be a shitter signing for us. Not happy with this one really not.

Agreed,

I really want us to sign players under 25 and become a young, attacking side. Adebayor just doesnt fit that bill for me.

It's one of those that could go massively either way, or just end up being a bit 'meh'.

With no fee attached and just a 1 year loan, then it could turn out to be a decent bit of business.

I wouldn't want to go into the season relying on him alone for goals though, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Scored 11 premier league goals in 13/14, we're not a club where you can really turn down that goal ratio.

Pretty worried he didn't play a whole lot last season. We've signed big players before who've hardly played for their previous clubs for ages like Sidwell and Ireland and they've been disasters but actually that 11 goal season Adebayor didn't make an appearence until November 21st so maybe he dosen't need loads of games to get into swing of things.

With Kane playing like he was last season, even benteke would have played very little in their team last season.

I thought it was a shit signing for Spurs when he joined them and so I think it will be a shitter signing for us. Not happy with this one really not.

Agreed,

I really want us to sign players under 25 and become a young, attacking side. Adebayor just doesnt fit that bill for me.

No flexibility?

Agreed,

No flexibility?

I'm not hung up on the sub 25 rule,  i'm more hung up on the desire/ motivation of a player rathr than his age,  a 30+ player for twelve months to get us over a blip while a younger player beds in to the league etc,  no problem with that.  Just not convinced Adebayor is that player. 

If we were willing to take a gamble on Joe Cole, why not Adebayor?

If there is little/no fee and his wages are not top dollar I don't have a problem, if he doesn't train well for Sherwood he won't play. If he doesn't cost much and scores a few winning goals then awesome, payed for himself.

We are a club who,  despite what optimisim summer and lack of competitive games allows,  will be battling hard again next season to stay in the league.  So is Adebayor the answer in that situation?

I've no problem with his ability, it's his attitude.

Spurs can't wait to get shot of him and they have soldado, who can't score yet at least tries hard.

Trying hard doesn't seem something you can attribute to adebayor. I'd much rather wages were spent on untested players with promise rather than a 30 year old with a questionable work ethic and possibly mental health issues.

• Like 1