Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Can I be the first in this thread to say I don't have a strong opinion either way?

Yeah, pretty much this. If we sign him, fine. If we don't, also fine.

• Like 2

I love this new strategy of investing in true quality youth, Amavi signing plus the links to Oulere, Martial, Darder etc are the most exciting for many many years.  But for us to be a success next season we could do with just a few older, more experienced heads in the side to help them.  Personally i think this is why we've done so badly in recent years despite having players who are capable of more.

I think a few from the likes of Williams, Cambiaso, Adebayor etc who are 30+ could add that extra steel/resolve we've been missing.  

• Like 1

He was meant to go to West Ham in January with Spurs meeting 50% (I think) wages. 

Not quite. He was supposed to go to QPR with them paying some of the wages but he preferred the option of West Ham.

Only Levy wouldn't contribute to the wages for him to go there because of the bad blood between the two over the Olympic stadium.

Would be by far the 2nd best striker to step foot into villa park as a villa player if we signed him. Statement based on the last 5 years btw.

That is laughable, I'm sorry to say if you are serious that is

Would be by far the 2nd best striker to step foot into villa park as a villa player if we signed him. Statement based on the last 5 years btw.

That is laughable, I'm sorry to say if you are serious that is

I think he's right, name a forward besides Benteke the last 5 season we've had better than Adebayor? Let's say they're bang in form, no one (besides Benteke) come close.

Edited by mightysasquatch
  • Like 1

I love this new strategy of investing in true quality youth, Amavi signing plus the links to Oulere, Martial, Darder etc are the most exciting for many many years.  But for us to be a success next season we could do with just a few older, more experienced heads in the side to help them.  Personally i think this is why we've done so badly in recent years despite having players who are capable of more.

I think a few from the likes of Williams, Cambiaso, Adebayor etc who are 30+ could add that extra steel/resolve we've been missing.  

Plus Adebayor isnt the type of striker that relies on pace or anything. So if he loses any pace with age, thats not going to be a problem. Its very likely he can score 10+ goals. Id take that (if its not costing too much).

Would be an absolutely awful signing.

Fortunately, I think this is all lazy journalism. Tim will know better.

Tim will know better. Better than anyone here on this forum. IF Tim wants him then it's because he knows what he hopes to achieve with the signing. He'll know his personality, mental and physical condition and abilities far above you and me. This is a player that's well known to him, and he'll know if he fits into his Villa plans.

If Tim thinks he can do a job for us then I'm happy to trust his judgement, especially if he's brought in alongside a proper attempt to replace Benteke.

All a big IF though.

That's very generous.

No manager makes exclusively good signings. All managers make bad signings.

This would be one of them. I won't trust Tim's judgement on it, but I would hope he'd prove me wrong.

While signings can turn bad at the time of the deal all signings are seen as good. Exactly the same as decision you make that's turns out bad...at the time it's the right decision.

Whut?

• Like 1

Photo on Facebook doing the rounds with him and a guy at Birmingham airport. Not sure how legit it is. I hope it's just a loan and we pay 50% of his wage.

Given we'll sell Benteke and be relying on Gabby and Sinclair as our strike options at this point, i'd be happy enough with Adebayor for a couple of seasons to give us some experience. He's old, but he's not ridiculously old, and he's been a very good striker in this league over a long period of time.

If we get him, cool. If we don't, that's fine as well. I'd expect Sherwood to bring in a few players he trusts, and at least it's not MON passing up Falcao for Heskey.