Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Without knowing him personally of course, I'd invite anyone who has concerns about his character or motives to check out his Instagram actually. I don't think I've ever seen a player who does as much charity/youth work as he does.

Obviously means nothing about his ability on field, but it's nice to get an insight into what kind of person he is off it.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 4

Without knowing him personally of course, I'd invite anyone who has concerns about his character or motives to check out his Instagram actually. I don't think I've ever seen a player who does as much charity/youth work as he does.

Obviously means nothing about his ability on field, but it's nice to get an insight into what kind of person he is off it.

Yeah. but has he been out on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke with a rattle tin.

If he is our main striker god help us, nailed on relegation in my eyes.

Ah, the silly silly things that get said in July that often come back to bite the next May!

If you look at the start of most transfer threads there is always stuff like this.

I dont see how this is silly? Are you trying to tell me this guy is as good as Benteke? Seriously?

And we have lost three of our main players with no signs of replacements...yet. Of course this could all change but I think we have a reason to be fearful considering the dross last season.

Its silly because you have no idea how he'll play at Villa none whats so ever, as he's never been here before.

Time and time again people fail to understand how players can perform badly at one club, then better at another club; works the other way as well.

I don't particularly want him to come here. We shouldn't read into that Instagram like at all but if I were, it says that he wants to come play for sherwood. It's not like he lacks talent. If Emmanuel wants to play and do well, why not take a punt on a short deal. I do worry he's lost his pace.

Edited by Lord Willard

Ah, the silly silly things that get said in July that often come back to bite the next May!

If you look at the start of most transfer threads there is always stuff like this.

I dont see how this is silly? Are you trying to tell me this guy is as good as Benteke? Seriously?

And we have lost three of our main players with no signs of replacements...yet. Of course this could all change but I think we have a reason to be fearful considering the dross last season.

You are vehemently against Adebayor. You've referred to him as an oaf on several occasions. If you cannot consider the fact that maybe he isn't an oaf, but a short term fix who has a track history of scoring goals in the Premier League, in particular for our current manager, then we're fully aware of your position and you can only repeat yourself from here on out. 

Whats the point of a short term fix though? Are we in a position to gamble with our future? This team relied heavily on Tekkers to score goals.  We have 30m+ now and the best we can come up with adebayor? The guy is an oaf in my opinion and I will not change my opinion on that so no point even discussiing that.

I bet he has various falling outs with team mates at some point in the season. He is a bad apple but I will sit back while everyone moans later on..

I like Richard am against this signing because I know how damaging this man is to team morale when things dont go the teams way.I never feel this strongly against players but this is going to be a costly mistake if he is the one we are going to rely on for goals.

Do you think I get enjoyment of saying these things?

• Like 1

You are vehemently against Adebayor. You've referred to him as an oaf on several occasions. If you cannot consider the fact that maybe he isn't an oaf, but a short term fix who has a track history of scoring goals in the Premier League, in particular for our current manager, then we're fully aware of your position and you can only repeat yourself from here on out. 

Whats the point of a short term fix though? Are we in a position to gamble with our future? This team relied heavily on Tekkers to score goals.  We have 30m+ now and the best we can come up with adebayor? The guy is an oaf in my opinion and I will not change my opinion on that so no point even discussiing that.

I bet he has various falling outs with team mates at some point in the season. He is a bad apple but I will sit back while everyone moans later on..

I like Richard am against this signing because I know how damaging this man is to team morale when things dont go the teams way.I never feel this strongly against players but this is going to be a costly mistake if he is the one we are going to rely on for goals.

Because an actual fix to the solution is a budget we don't have, So we take Adebayor as a short-term alongside one we can bring on progressively. I would be amazed if we just signed Adebayor in this position.

• Like 3

He'll be an interesting signing.

I'm coming around to it the longer it's rumoured to be happening.

I still don't want him to be our number one striker next season though. A 1 year loan would be ideal. A cheapish transfer would be ok.

He is a superb footballer truth be told, and would fit into our style from last season well as opposed to someone like Rolan. Just hope Sherwood can get him motivated, and I have faith he will. Quietly excited about this.

• Like 2

Because an actual fix to the solution is a budget we don't have, So we take Adebayor as a short-term alongside one we can bring on progressively. I would be amazed if we just signed Adebayor in this position.

it won't be just Adebayor