Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

Its hardly a complete rename is it!? When I saw the article about renaming Villa Park I was like ' no F'in chance' but then I read the article, Lotus Villa Park is fine by me if that is the proposed rename. As far as renaming stadiums go how many people actually called Upton Park the Boleyn Ground????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

What are the people saying "no!" And "never!" actually going to do if VP is renamed? Stop supporting the club?

Their answer will likely consist of a single word again. Times they are a changing chaps, gotta go with the flow or get left behind!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

We can't go and spunk 30m to 50m on players or we will get hit with FFP sanctions. We don't generate enough money to sustain that type of spending. 

So yes I would be in favour of selling the naming rights to the stadium if it generated 20m to 30m a season in income.  And further down the line sell the naming rights to BMH and plaster our training gear with a secondary sponsor. 

We didn't capitalise when the big money started coming into league and we got left behind.

We need to take our claret and blue specs off, get with the times and stop worrying about tradition.

Football has changed and we need to change with it.

We can if we get promoted at first attempt

I could live with

"The Lotus/Recon Areana/Stadium" at Villa Park.

I would have no problem with the following

The Holte End

The Trinity Road Stand

The Recon Stand (North)

The Xia Lotus Stand

I don't like the idea. At all.

But if it were to happen, then I'd like it to be "Something Villa Park" as opposed to a complete rename.

But I'm sure there are ways and means of increasing revenue that don't mean renaming the stadium. Should be an absolute last resort.

• Like 2

With a name like "Lotus Villa park" I am sure 99% of Villa supporters will still call it Villa park, its only the TV commentators and suchlike that will add the Lotus.I can live with that.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't like the idea. At all.

But if it were to happen, then I'd like it to be "Something Villa Park" as opposed to a complete rename.

But I'm sure there are ways and means of increasing revenue that don't mean renaming the stadium. Should be an absolute last resort.

Exactly my thoughts. 

I don't want it to happen, but if a name change is to take place, adding "Lotus" before Villa Park is far more tolerable than the jokey (but plausible) suggestions of the Recon Arena. 

However, if they want to find routes in order to plough £50m into the club to bypass FFP, couldn't they just stick "Lotus" on the shirts? 

I would think that a sponsor on a kit would get more notice than a sponsor on a stadium. 

Â