Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Said it many times. It'll still be villa park no matter what, so if some company wants to throw money at us let them. As long as colours, holte and team name remain.

My stance as well, all Villa fans will still call it Villa Park but the club can get some much needed money in a way that FFP won't stop.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Said it many times. It'll still be villa park no matter what, so if some company wants to throw money at us let them. As long as colours, holte and team name remain.

Fair enough, but you'd wouldn't be happy if they renamed the Holte End?

Would it still not be known as the Holte End no matter what?

30 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Fair enough, but you'd wouldn't be happy if they renamed the Holte End?

Would it still not be known as the Holte End no matter what?

Understand your point, and it may just be me, but I feel the Holte is special. There are 3 other stands that could make a lot of money by having sponsorship, but no I wouldn't want the holte to go. Yes to the fans it would still always be known as the holte, but I wouldn't want a sponsor there.

no matter how shit the team is, and how villa park looks odd  with no matching stands, its still the famous villa park and it should remain so

as for the holte, the name of that shouldnt be changed either, nor should the trinity

id be happy to see a name change to the block off flats (north stand) and witton lane stand (did someone say doug ellis?)

Would have no problem with Doug Ellis stand being renamed, it's still Witton Lane to me anyway. Is it possible there was a clause put in to not change that when he sold? If so hopefully that dies with any sale. Plus the North stand is just the North, it bears no significance if it gives us more revenue to compete again. Not sure how i'd feel about the whole stadium or Holte end being changed though, it would be nice to keep some sense of who we are/were but if that's what we need to do in order to compete again?

The thing is that it will always be Villa park to us here on this forum and all around the world BUT to kids everywhere that are not in their teens yet it will be whatever the new name is.They will grow up only knowing it as Xi Wang park, or whatever.

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

The thing is that it will always be Villa park to us here on this forum and all around the world BUT to kids everywhere that are not in their teens yet it will be whatever the new name is.They will grow up only knowing it as Xi Wang park, or whatever.

lovejoy-think-of-the-children-16nov131.j

It's looking like "Lotus Villa Park" then.

Can't say I'm thrilled about it, but it could have been a lot worse. It'll still be quite easily referred to as Villa Park.

At least Xia been up front about his intention on this front and has  spoken about not wanting to "destroy the club's history".

King Power, Emirates, Etihad Stadium.... do you think they have a problem? All in top 4. All in Champions League.... however, let us drift down the leagues because we have our head in the sand over what it takes to compete in today's football world. It will always be Villa Park no matter what it is called. I therefore have no issue. Bring it all on Tony!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Texas_Mike said:

King Power, Emirates, Etihad Stadium.... do you think they have a problem? All in top 4. All in Champions League.... however, let us drift down the leagues because we have our head in the sand over what it takes to compete in today's football world. It will always be Villa Park no matter what it is called. I therefore have no issue. Bring it all on Tony!!!

exactly this. Every game these days is at some random stadium. Happens here in australia too. The rugby league grounds.. the amount of times they have changed names of the stadium.. i cant keep up. Its business.. and we need to keep up with the times to move the club forward. 

Villa Park is a very well known across the globe with football fans, people even in Finland knows it, so renaming it completely would be ill-advised. On the other hand, the world has changed, so renaming it to something like Lotus Villa Park would be very logical.

• Like 1

Â