Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

I really wouldn't mind if Villa Park was renamed. It could be the Red Bull Arena or Villa Park Powered By E.ON or any other stupid name if it brings in enough money for the club to be competitive in this league. Our stadium name is so ingrained that everyone fans and non-fans will call it Villa Park anyway..

Sort of how I feel.  Why not take the money and then militantly refuse to call it anything other than Villa Park?  What would the difference be?

Oh dear

The throw away society are at it again,for the sake of a few pennies and the heritage of their sons they would trade our name and role in footballs pioneers in the

fashion you would trade a kfc. Once it has gone it is gone forever, you may believe that it is in your thoughts but your son or daughter will only know it as Zinger

Park and the bucket bargain.We must not get that desperate to lose our place in football history and act like a board at macdonalds for chump change.

You see for me this is melodramatic sentimentality for the sake of it. We aren't destroying any heritage at all, the stadium is still the stadium and all the fans will still know it has villa park.

• Like 1

we arent that broke that we need to rename the whole stadium.

if anything, the witton lane stand should be renamed back to that, with the north stand being renamed instead, but then again, looks like the redevelopement plans for that have been binned now, the stand looks like a typical brimingham block of flats, awful.

Oh dear

The throw away society are at it again,for the sake of a few pennies and the heritage of their sons they would trade our name and role in footballs pioneers in the

fashion you would trade a kfc. Once it has gone it is gone forever, you may believe that it is in your thoughts but your son or daughter will only know it as Zinger

Park and the bucket bargain.We must not get that desperate to lose our place in football history and act like a board at macdonalds for chump change.

You see for me this is melodramatic sentimentality for the sake of it. We aren't destroying any heritage at all, the stadium is still the stadium and all the fans will still know it has villa park.

Agreed. It's not like it's always been called Villa Park anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

If it means increasing the capacity to 55k then yes as we will still call it villa park anyway.

20,000 empty seats does not look good on the telebox and does nothing for the atmosphere.

Cant we do a west ham and scrounge off the Tax payer to build it!

• Like 1

If it means increasing the capacity to 55k then yes as we will still call it villa park anyway.

20,000 empty seats does not look good on the telebox and does nothing for the atmosphere.

Cant we do a west ham and scrounge off the Tax payer to build it!

I hope so

There's options the club can pursue without having to rename the whole stadium for revenue, current supporters may know of it as villa park, but what about the next generation of fans, or fans from abroad?

If the club wants to put bums on seats then offer more tickets to local schools as incentives, whats the club got to lose? they'll make a few extra quid through merchantise and catering

Personally I think that VP should always remain so. I'm more in favour of dual shirt sponsorship along the lines of Spurs Home/Away then also sell the rights to our training wear as Man Utd have done with DHL. Also agree BMH can go for the right $.

This may increase the overall revenue but again the problem the Villa have is we're not in Europe so we'd be unable to command enough revenue to make a difference unfortunately.

Still if does even increase revenue over our current levels it's a route I'm sure the club will be/are looking at.

Also happy for all stands except the Holte being sponsored.

Personally I think that VP should always remain so. I'm more in favour of dual shirt sponsorship along the lines of Spurs Home/Away then also sell the rights to our training wear as Man Utd have done with DHL. Also agree BMH can go for the right $.

This may increase the overall revenue but again the problem the Villa have is we're not in Europe so we'd be unable to command enough revenue to make a difference unfortunately.

Still if does even increase revenue over our current levels it's a route I'm sure the club will be/are looking at.

Also happy for all stands except the Holte and trinity road being sponsored.

fixed.

Nobody's sponsoring our training gear. Manchester United, sure, but not us. It's one of the biggest flaws with FFP, not that it's there to increase competition.

Has anyone had a stand sponsored recently? It doesn't strike me as a revenue opportunity that's been particularly popular with potential sponsors.

Denver Broncos (NFL) stadium was called 'Mile High' then changed it to 'Invesco Field at Mile High', now it's 'Sports Authority Field at Mile High' so they kept their original name but incorporated a sponsor with it, maybe we could look down these lines?

Personally I'd rather 'Villa Park' was kept and rename the North stand if it was financially viable

• Like 1

Depends what it is renamed as.... I go watch Cheltenham town a fair bit and they've just renamed the stadium "the world of smile stadium" which is gay as fook, named after a local garden centre haha.

People still just say whaddon road though just like people would just say villa park. I've never heard anyone say anything other than St James park for Newcastle to use a premier league example.

Â