Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

If the nice man wants to give us 100m and call it "The Crispy Wonton Bowle" then thank you very much...

I will always be watching "The Villa" @ "Villa Park" 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 3

He could change it to the Lotus Stadium, or Lotus Health Park.

Keeping 'Villa Park' to me is important. I don't think Lotus will be written. Almost like a brand. A little Lotus logo in front of the standard big font 'Villa Park'. Like Cadburys Dairy Milk.

It will be called Villa Park, except in the media where they'll say "The Lotus Villa Park"

I'm all for it, it keeps the heritage and allows the sponsor to put money in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps his thinking is that if he associates Lotus with a relatively highly visible British cultural asset that it will help reverse Lotus' fortunes and stop it from tanking?

You know, I'm already starting to spot one or two minor flaws with that plan...

Edited by briny_ear

I'd be willing to add one extra word to our stadium name that everybody would disregard for a chance to loophole FFP (Not like we need it at the moment, FFP does not affect sides relegated from the Championship in their first season) and basically be good for both parties here.

just because it's a "new invention" doesn't mean it's a good idea. 

The club could make more money by playing in red, changing the name to 'lucky Dragons' and relocating to inside the m25, doesn't mean those would be good ideas either. 

There seems to be this strange consensus that selling your soul is the only way to success. And it's part of modernisation. I don't agree.

We'd make more money in China if our kit was red and had Chinese players too.

• Like 1

Â