Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

Another way to look at it is this.

Lerner didnt change any names and turned the squad into shit.This guy wants to change the name ( slightly ) and turn the squad into gold.

I know which I prefer.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

I don't want it to happen, but if a name change is to take place, adding "Lotus" before Villa Park is far more tolerable than the jokey (but plausible) suggestions of the Recon Arena. 

However, if they want to find routes in order to plough £50m into the club to bypass FFP, couldn't they just stick "Lotus" on the shirts? 

I would think that a sponsor on a kit would get more notice than a sponsor on a stadium. 

Both is better though. 

All sponsorship deals are checked for market value. If we can get say £20m for shirt sponsor and £10m for ground sponsor, thats better than trying to say £30m for shirt sponsor.

10 hours ago, Texas_Mike said:

King Power, Emirates, Etihad Stadium.... do you think they have a problem? All in top 4. All in Champions League.... however, let us drift down the leagues because we have our head in the sand over what it takes to compete in today's football world. It will always be Villa Park no matter what it is called. I therefore have no issue. Bring it all on Tony!!!

Are you calling me an ostrich?

Times move on.

They never used to have cross bars or substitutes.  New Fangled inventions.

No Problem with Renaming Stadium, we moved out of one when we had just won the double!

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

They weren't renamed.

City Of Manchester Stadium first wasn't it?

Lotus VP is fine with me. You know Spurs and Chelsea will have brands with their new stadiums. Just the way the world is now.

Lerner should of done it along time ago IMO.

15 minutes ago, deeps said:

City Of Manchester Stadium first wasn't it?

Lotus VP is fine with me. You know Spurs and Chelsea will have brands with their new stadiums. Just the way the world is now.

Lerner should of done it along time ago IMO.

True, fair point.

1 minute ago, dpt666 said:

If it generates more money into the club I'm all for it. I just hope he doesn't want to change our colours from claret n blue like Cardiff did 

The reason he's not full on changing our stadium name is because he is honouring tradition the best he can. He won't be going that radical.

'Lotus Villa Park' was only a suggestion by James Nursey anyway. Going by Xia's comments it would probably be something more like Lotus Health Park/Arena/Stadium. 

Fine by me, the club needs to generate as much revenue as possible.  

Â