Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

Absolutely not.

Naming rights for the North and the Witton are fine by me. Maybe also teh Trinity.

The ground however is and must always be Villa Park.

• Like 2

Absolutely not.

Naming rights for the North and the Witton are fine by me. Maybe also teh Trinity.

The ground however is and must always be Villa Park.

Totally agree. Villa Park should always be Villa Park. Rename the stands (apart from the Holte) to generate some income. Just not the whole ground.

Could also rename BMH and link it to a sport brand?

Anyone be against additional advertising on the shirts? A lot of Italian and french clubs have sponsors just below the numbers etc. Could be an option although a bit messy on the top but would people care much about that?

It's too late to try and change the name of an existing ground as Newcastle found out when they tried to sell the naming rights to their ground and couldn't. People will just call it by the old name because that's what they are used to. If we redeveloped Villa Park into a shiny new 50K or 60K seat venue then you could re-name it as people would see it as a "new" ground. As it stands we couldn't sell the naming rights to VP even if we tried. 

I wouldn't be keen.

The only way it would really benefit us would for it to generate a significant annual income.

But I think it would have to be a huge offer to sway me.

• Like 1

Exactly. Or a one off payment for the rights could easily be wasted if the manager made poor signings. That's not a dig at Sherwood, I mean whoever the manager is if/when it happened. 

If they were suddenly given £100m to spend and didn't spend it effectively, then all the benefit from selling our soul is gone and we've not got much to show for it.

At least an annual income would allow us to spend bigger every year.

BUt Like I said, it would have to be large to make a big difference. But I suppose their aim would be to get lots of income streams that all added together would make a big difference.

I just can't see enough money being raised to make the difference that's required.

What's the point of bastardising the traditional name of the ground for an amount of cash that would have little impact on the team.

If it Was going to make a significant difference fine, but it's unlikely.

I just can't see enough money being raised to make the difference that's required.

What's the point of bastardising the traditional name of the ground for an amount of cash that would have little impact on the team.

If it Was going to make a significant difference fine, but it's unlikely.

It'll still be Villa Park, just not officially - it's really not a big deal at all. 

• Like 1

We've been through this many a times before. But for clarification.

The money from naming rights is negligible for us (estimated £2 million per season)

One of our main USP's is our history - so there's no value in selling part of it for relative peanuts.

The discussion can end here.  

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 3

Oh dear

The throw away society are at it again,for the sake of a few pennies and the heritage of their sons they would trade our name and role in footballs pioneers in the

fashion  you would trade a kfc. Once it has gone it is gone forever, you may believe that it is in your thoughts but your son or daughter will only know it as Zinger

Park and the bucket bargain.We must not get that desperate to lose our place in football history and act like a board at macdonalds for chump change.

• Like 2

We've been through this many a times before. But for clarification.

The money from naming rights is negligible for us (estimated £2 million per season)

One of our main USP's is our history - so there's no value in selling part of it for relative peanuts.

The discussion can end here.

Well our history isn't doing a very good job of selling the club... Plus the history would still be there. Everyone would know it as VP still anyway.

Raise revenue for what? finishing 13th instead of 15th? 

Not worth it, rather it be known as Villa Park.

Or 17th instead of 19th?

If we finish 19th it wont be due to lack of money, it will be due to crap signings and management like it would have been if Lambert stayed in charge. 

We are comfortably, and always will be, richer than at least 3 teams in the league. 

How many clubs actually sold their stadium rights in the Premier League? Arsenal, Man City.. i think that's it. If the other 18 clubs dont need to resort to this, we don't either. 

Â