Renaming Villa Park

mikeyp102

Makes sense as Naming rights deals are means tested against other deals within the league. As as we are not a prem team anymore DR X couldn't just get one of his companies to sponsor us for say £5-£10 mill per season to circumnavigate FFP or whatever it's called down there. Derby get £700'00 per season from ipro for example. Best wait to we are an established top half prem team before considering selling our history. 

Edited by thabucks

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's great and all, but I hope in his quest to "Listen to fans" we on't end up things which cost us valuable money, players, mangers etc. THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!

No, but this time they are ;)

The problem with 'listening to the fans' you have to treat the fans as one whole group who all share the same opinion and ambition, from reading VT for a while it is abundantly clear that this is not the case. We're a disparate group of people from many different back grounds, opinions, and persuasions who's pretty much only unifying factor is we support the same football club. So who do you listen to, the ones that shout the loudest, the ones who make the most eloquent of responses or the one's which have the most money, etc.? I think some things are usually worse when decided by committee, they lose definition and focus and become vague when trying to please everyone. I think a vision is usually best implimented by a single person... But where does that leave us fans? This might not be the thread to discuss that, so apologies it that's the case.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The problem with 'listening to the fans' you have to treat the fans as one whole group who all share the same opinion and ambition, from reading VT for a while it is abundantly clear that this is not the case. We're a disparate group of people from many different back grounds, opinions, and persuasions who's pretty much only unifying factor is we support the same football club. So who do you listen to, the ones that shout the loudest, the ones who make the most eloquent of responses or the one's which have the most money, etc.? I think some things are usually worse when decided by committee, they lose definition and focus and become vague when trying to please everyone. I think a vision is usually best implimented by a single person... But where does that leave us fans? This might not be the thread to discuss that, so apologies it that's the case.

Exactly this.

• Like 1

Â