Can people plz leave Milan alone? :(

Yes, we (they) are pants.

Burlo/Galliani out!

Have they been sold yet?

They desperatley need to build their own stadium like Juve did

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

Have they been sold yet?

They desperatley need to build their own stadium like Juve did

They thought about it, but plans have never gotten far.  They've identified an area so to speak, but I think it would be a great shame if they left, San Siro (if you haven't been) is absolutely beautiful.  CL Final there this year, so have a look :)

They've added (or a very close to) getting quite significant Chinese backing - only they don't have to change anything, just get the cash for advertising etc.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

They thought about it, but plans have never gotten far.  They've identified an area so to speak, but I think it would be a great shame if they left, San Siro (if you haven't been) is absolutely beautiful.  CL Final there this year, so have a look :)

They've added (or a very close to) getting quite significant Chinese backing - only they don't have to change anything, just get the cash for advertising etc.

I've been to the San Siro 4 times, twice with villa and twice to watch AC Milan ( aginst Inter and Juve)

Big problem for all teams in Italy bar Juve is that the clubs don't own their own grounds so the corporate and match revenue is fairly crap. If AC want to get back in the big time they have to build their own stadium. Some of the plans I saw for the proposed new stadium looked amazing

5 hours ago, micky_swill said:

Yes my old man. I would take great pleasure in everyone telling him why he is wrong so I can show him this thread.

What doesn't he like?

The marauding runs up and down the left wing? The pinpoint crosses? The reading of the play and the interceptions? He's got great close control and his attitude also appears to be excellent which is a rare commodity these days it seems. Oh, he can slide tackle too.

Yes he's young, he's raw and he made a couple of mistakes. One of them lead directly to a defeat, though you could argue he should never have been put in that position by his experienced keeper in the first place. That kind of thing happens to professional footballers, better ones than Jordan Amavi, all the time. Week in week out. He has been caught out of position once or twice, but in the modern game with modern full backs your midfield and your central defenders need to do more to cover. We were an organisational shambles at the time.

Give him a decent coach and he'll go on to play for France, regularly, though it probably won't be for Aston Villa. If we get another year out of him we'll have done well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What doesn't he like?

The marauding runs up and down the left wing? The pinpoint crosses? The reading of the play and the interceptions? He's got great close control and his attitude also appears to be excellent which is a rare commodity these days it seems. Oh, he can slide tackle too.

Yes he's young, he's raw and he made a couple of mistakes. One of them lead directly to a defeat, though you could argue he should never have been put in that position by his experienced keeper in the first place. That kind of thing happens to professional footballers, better ones than Jordan Amavi, all the time. Week in week out. He has been caught out of position once or twice, but in the modern game with modern full backs your midfield and your central defenders need to do more to cover. We were an organisational shambles at the time.

Give him a decent coach and he'll go on to play for France, regularly, though it probably won't be for Aston Villa. If we get another year out of him we'll have done well. 

Perfect, thanks :). He tends to remember when players do something wrong and forget when they do something right. I would love us to keep hold of the kid, going to be a great player.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2016 at 09:41, One For The Road said:

Yes. I've argued with a few people on the Holte about Amavi. I think he's a great player but a there's quite a few who don't rate him at all. 

These are probably the same people that chant Alan Hutton's name every time he kicks someone or gets sent off.

Amavi is class and from what little I have seen of him this season he is up there with Ayew and Grealish in terms of quality and potential. 

• Like 1

These are probably the same people that chant Alan Hutton's name every time he kicks someone or gets sent off.

Amavi is class and from what little I have seen of him this season he is up there with Ayew and Grealish in terms of quality and potential. 

I like Hutton ....and Amavi.

Sorry ;)

• 2 weeks later...

There are some press reports we may loan him to a Turkish club in view of coming straight up so we don't have to sell him. I would prefer promise until January and if we are nowhere near promotion then give him opportunity to leave. 

If we can keep him, Adama and grealish I think we have a very good chance of going up

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can't we just keep him and play him? The standard in Turkish top flight is no better than the Championship.

Agree.  He may just need some convincing.  Fair enough too, it was crap last year for him no doubt.  New country, 3 managers, major injury and relegation.  However, a new manager in place and hopefully seeing a bit of quality arrive may just swing it.  Hope so, would love to see him play for us again. 

Hopefully we can persuade him to stay, he has plenty of potential, but if the big clubs come calling we have no hope of keeping him.

Pretty much all he tweets is retweets of villa fans saying how much they love him and want him to stay... I doubt he'd do that if he wanted away. I suppose agents sometimes force through transfers and pursuade players to move but I think he seems fairly set. 

Â