Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Just now, avfcwills10 said:

We're deluding ourselves if we believe he's going to be happy to play in the championship. If we look back we had to do a lot of persuading to get him to join us in the first place.... in the premier league. 

If the right price comes in we should sell him if he doesn't want to play here. But I see no reason to "do him a favour" and sell him on the cheap so to speak. He signed a contract at the end of the day. 

I think with the amount of work the squad needs this summer we really could do with keeping him.

He might be bang average (he isn't) but he is a better outlet than Cissokho etc.

First choice left back for me in the championship, if he wants to leave I'd tell him to stay until January at the very least.

Makes no sense getting rid this summer on our side.

• Like 1

Need to take a hard line stance and very much 'stand in his way'. He has spent more time in the medical room than the pitch, and we have supported this guy back to fitness. The least he owes is another season. The only circumstance we should be selling him is if we will make a profit, but he has done nothing to increase his value since he has signed so that will never happen. 

• Like 2

"The players representatives will make it clear that if a suitable offer comes in the club will not stand in the players way"

read as "Jordan Amavi has absolutely no interest in staying at Aston villa and wants to join the first club that makes a bid, no matter how derogatory or low compared to what villa paid 12 months ago"

43 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

"The players representatives will make it clear that if a suitable offer comes in the club will not stand in the players way"

read as "Jordan Amavi has absolutely no interest in staying at Aston villa and wants to join the first club that makes a bid, no matter how derogatory or low compared to what villa paid 12 months ago"

"The club will make it clear that he signed a contract and will be staying until they are good and ready to sell him for a significant profit and the representatives can jog on."   I hope.

• Like 1

I hope to god it's not true but wouldn't be surprised if it is. Amavi owes us a full season. He needs to get back to fitness and regain some form, he could do that in the championship. Whether he wants to is another matter. As seems the case more and more, players often get their selfish way. 

If he doesn't go in the summer I'm certain he'll leave in January.

Don't really blame him although I'd like him to stay.

We really need to press on with finding his short time/long term replacement.

Rico Henry?

Or my #1 choice Ludwig Augustinsson from FCK (probably not realistic)

I don't get these posts that say he owes us another. This is football, loyalty has gone years ago. He owes us nothing. If you were off work sick, but then got headhunted for a better company when you returned back, would you not consider the offer? 

Would I like to him here next season. Of course, he was probably our best player this season.. But if we get a good offer he'll be out the door of a good offer comes in.

• Like 1

The original article said "presentable offer" - some read it as "suitable" - no matter - who decides what's acceptable  ? The Club obviously. We hold the high cards here.- and as occasionally happens, the agents are pushing harder than the player, IMO

He signed a 5 year deal for us. He likely has a release clause, so unless a club comes in for that amount, he is ours. We paid £9 million for him so hopefully the release clause is at least double that. It would be stupid to sell him when he is contracted with us for 4 more seasons. 

• Like 2

If I am totally honest I really didn't see what a lot of the others did. I will not lose sleep if he leaves but we do need to recoup as much if not earn more than we spent and reuse it all on new players. 

He is a modern footballer and won't see that he owes us anything.  

He will also think he is too good for that championship 

I do think it's a shame as he certainly should be good enough for the championship but like I said I personally wasn't blown away by him so if he doesn't want to be here....  farewell 

Edited by sidcow

Why can't we loan Amavi, Ayew, Adama and Gana to other clubs in Premier League for one season in case we get promoted again? Then they will gain more experience in the league. I think QPR did the same with Remy. If we are not promoted, then sell them. Id rather do that if they want to leave, unless we are completely broke and need  all the money from sales to strengthen the team

• Like 2

Â