Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I think there will be a few players like Vertout, Amavi, Traore that will need some game time to really get suitors interested, if they do play regularly with any kind of form and fitness they'll be gone or loaned in Jan.

Look at QPR, it took about two seasons before all their previous bigger name/big wage signings had gone. Aside from Nobby La Hore, we don't have players on outrageous wages. But we do have French players who cost a lot in transfer fees who might not get bought straight away. But I reckon this time next year anyone of value or talent will have gone and we'll have a mix of promising youth, cheap imports and Championship cloggers... and still be better than we are now!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Rumours of a £4m release clause? Hopefully just Twitter guff at the minute

Not having a go at you here, but how would anyone know this?  Contracts are very personal, as are the amount someone actually earns.  So unless someone from the club, his agent or Amavi confirm this, I for one don't believe it.  Moreover, if for any reason it was truth, I would want to know how it has been made public. 

32 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Not having a go at you here, but how would anyone know this?  Contracts are very personal, as are the amount someone actually earns.  So unless someone from the club, his agent or Amavi confirm this, I for one don't believe it.  Moreover, if for any reason it was truth, I would want to know how it has been made public. 

Agents of course.

Saying that this is surely bullshit. You dont pay 9m for a player and put it a release clause of 4m. Even in the event of relegation.

• Like 1

Well obviously I hope it's not true but Delph's clause suddenly became public knowledge last year.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Agents of course.

Saying that this is surely bullshit. You dont pay 9m for a player and put it a release clause of 4m. Even in the event of relegation.

Hope it is untrue, but anything is possible with Fox!  You only have to look at the Adama situation.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Might be the only way we could get him to sign for us. If I remember correctly he took some convincing.

True, he was highly thought of around Europe at the time.  At least we signed players last summer that we can get some return out of.  Unlike signings like Davies, Ireland, Reo-Coker, N'Zogbia etc.  Those type of signings have truly killed us.  My hope is we can at least keep him until January.  

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Might be the only way we could get him to sign for us. If I remember correctly he took some convincing.

To be fair if we wanted to insert a wage reduction if relegated ( which I fully understand), then I too would negotiate the opportunity to move if relegated and x amount is offered. Its the 4mil that doesn't seem right to me?

I don't believe this 4m clause for a second...here's why. The logic behind these signings was hoping they young be excellent and sell on to a profit. This was stated various times this season. So how can inserting a 4m clause achieve this? Be absolutely ridiculous. Its just twitter nonsense. i don't know people even bother entertaining rubbish like this. cant people see certain people love creating rumors so its talked about and they take credit for starting it. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't believe this 4m clause for a second...here's why. The logic behind these signings was hoping they young be excellent and sell on to a profit. This was stated various times this season. So how can inserting a 4m clause achieve this? Be absolutely ridiculous. Its just twitter nonsense. i don't know people even bother entertaining rubbish like this. cant people see certain people love creating rumors so its talked about and they take credit for starting it. 

A clause saying the player can go for £4m if we get relegated would make sense though, if he wasn't keen on coming here in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's meant to be a relegation release clause though and I don't think we were banking on going down after the summer spending.

Just now, bobzy said:

A clause saying the player can go for £4m if we get relegated would make sense though, if he wasn't keen on coming here in the first place.

I hope Tom Fox was not stupid enough to agree to that

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Exactly.

People still see clauses as being inserted into contracts purely at the buying club's discretion.

It isn't. A lot of the time it's intended to persuade the player to join us. If we really wanted Amavi and his camp insisted on that clause or he wouldn't sign, then I can see why we've put it in.

• Like 1

I doubt the figure would be that low after we had only just stayed up in the previous years. There maybe a clause but can't see it being for less than what we paid. If you put in wage drop clauses you would surely not have such a low release fee as you are covering for relegation in the first place. 

33 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I doubt the figure would be that low after we had only just stayed up in the previous years. There maybe a clause but can't see it being for less than what we paid. If you put in wage drop clauses you would surely not have such a low release fee as you are covering for relegation in the first place. 

If I was an agent and a club wanted to put a relegation wage drop in the contract of my player, I would be be negotiating for as low a release clause as possible and wouldn't be accepting the same as what was paid.

Â