Micah Richards

Demitri_C

He looks slimmer... I seem to remember him bulking up more across his upper body

His brief analysis of Jack and maddison seems on point to me, maddison is 1 touch sharper quicker crisper around the box so I'd like to hear him expand on that and see how decent a pundit he could be rather than the basic stuff asked of him

Talking about the abuse we gave him and the rest of that team...i don't think he or Sutton drive home just how bad that team was, in terms of effort and putting a shift in, we were embarrassing, it was a badly ran club but that was reflected on the pitch, he might have been injured but then what was gabbys excuse? Lescott, sinclair, bacuna, Richardson excuses? We were as lazy a football team as I hope I will ever see, I don't want to see that shit again, I felt robbed on my time and money and of my love for football, it was an angry time (I never tweeted any of them, I don't understand that shit) booing him and them every game, I was guilty of that definitely, not ashamed of it either, we were dreadful as a collective 

• 4 months later...

I just watched an interview with Micah Richard on the BBC website about mental health. I'd never seen an interview with him before. He's a really nice guy. He mentioned that some abuse he received on social media while at Villa made him cry. It must have been really bad, I think. That's low. Out of order. What a world we're living in. And on top of that I know he he didn't play fantastically well for us but he was pretty injured quite a lot of the time.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, robby b said:

I just watched an interview with Micah Richard on the BBC website about mental health. I'd never seen an interview with him before. He's a really nice guy. He mentioned that some abuse he received on social media while at Villa made him cry. It must have been really bad, I think. That's low. Out of order. What a world we're living in. And on top of that I know he he didn't play fantastically well for us but he was pretty injured quite a lot of the time.

I have said it before, I dont think Richards was a poison in that relegation season. He was a shit player but he wasnt a bad guy compared some of other pricks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember at the end of one league game in the relegation season, one of the many dismal defeats, when the Villa fans were understandably annoyed, I think some may have been booing and a few shouting. And he went over to them and engaged with them in a discussion, (which was pretty brave of him, I don't think any of the other players went over to them). I don't think he was shouting but he was speaking in a clearly heartfelt way and looked genuinely upset. Maybe he was trying to defend himself, saying that he'd been trying his best to play well or something like that, which I believe.

4 hours ago, robby b said:

I remember at the end of one league game in the relegation season, one of the many dismal defeats, when the Villa fans were understandably annoyed, I think some may have been booing and a few shouting. And he went over to them and engaged with them in a discussion, (which was pretty brave of him, I don't think any of the other players went over to them). I don't think he was shouting but he was speaking in a clearly heartfelt way and looked genuinely upset. Maybe he was trying to defend himself, saying that he'd been trying his best to play well or something like that, which I believe.

He did that in the Wycombe away game in the cup. Fans were kicking off and Richards went over to tell them they were trying their best. 

In fact I’ve found what I was thinking of here 

He always came across as a decent person, more so than Lescott ever did.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

He did that in the Wycombe away game in the cup. Fans were kicking off and Richards went over to tell them they were trying their best. 

In fact I’ve found what I was thinking of here 

He always came across as a decent person, more so than Lescott ever did.

Aah, thanks, I got mixed up then, I thought it must have been a league game because we lost so many of them that season! I'd forgotten it was actually a cup game. Anyway, yeah, I got the impression that Richards cared.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 22:28, Zatman said:

I have said it before, I dont think Richards was a poison in that relegation season. He was a shit player but he wasnt a bad guy compared some of other pricks

Shit because of injuries you mean. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Must admit I don’t mind him as a pundit, Much better than redknapp on sky

To be fair that's not exactly praise. A bag of wet chips covered in treacle would be better than jamie. 

• 2 weeks later...

'When I signed I was told Fabian Delph was staying, Christian Benteke was staying, Ron Vlaar was going to stay,' says Richards. 'That was a decent spine. I was told we were going to sign Aaron Lennon, Emmanuel Adebayor.

Let me tell you this story: Adebayor came to the training ground. He had official pictures taken, everything. The contract was all drawn up, waiting for him to sign it. He doesn't sign immediately and tells them, "I'm going home to have a think. I will be back up tomorrow to sign".

'You know what happened? He had a dream that night that it was going to be the wrong decision, so he just never came back to the training ground! Honestly! Ask Tim Sherwood (Villa's manager at the time) about it! So I'm there scratching my head.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8699251/Micah-Richards-views-matter-experienced-career.html

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isnt a good pundit at all. Because he has a silly exaggerated laugh. Between him Morrison and sue smith the punditry has really gone down hill with sky.

Because Henry and Redknapp were so insightful before. Sky punditry has always been shit, the only recent intelligent big name pundit was Mourinho

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because Henry and Redknapp were so insightful before. Sky punditry has always been shit, the only recent intelligent big name pundit was Mourinho

They were alot better than them three. Redknapp knows a lot about fooball whether you like him or not. Instead of the goofy richards

I reckon bt will pick up stelling and co. Then everyone will switch to bts coverage instead of skys 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They were alot better than them three. Redknapp knows a lot about fooball whether you like him or not. Instead of the goofy richards

I reckon bt will pick up stelling and co. Then everyone will switch to bts coverage instead of skys 

Redknapp knows nothing about football and was hired for his looks. Has been a pundit 15 years and has probably made 3 good points

Â