Micah Richards

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I look forward to him criticizing the positioning of defenders 

Just because the doctor doesn't have cancer, does that mean he can't treat you for it? ;)

• Haha 1

Don't mind it, if it means not having to see Danny Murphy as much.

Saw his partner in crime at Villa, Lescott, on Sky the today and he was actually pretty decent. Much better than his lethargic counterpart John O'Shea (what were they even thinking there?).

• 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49845993

You're a money grabber", "You don't respect the shirt", "You're a virus, you are killing this club".

Those were the kind of messages I was getting every day on social media during the final months of my time at Aston Villa, and of course they hurt.

I would be wondering how anyone could say that about me if they knew where I had come from, how hard I had worked, and what I was like as a person.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

He popped up on some media in last few days. Seemed quite insightful actually 

Well he's had years of studying the game from the sidelines so might have picket up a few things.

And from his playing career he's learned how not to play and what not to do.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Football fans are so weird, they act like they're managing the club's accounts. He was injured most of his time, but that doesn't annul his contract. He's perfectly entitled to see it out regardless of what happens.

It comes down to him being **** dreadful before all of this. If, for example, we were talking about Laursen, he wouldn't get the same abuse 

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

It comes down to him being **** dreadful before all of this. If, for example, we were talking about Laursen, he wouldn't get the same abuse 

That isn't his fault. Blame Tim Sherwood and Paddy Riley for signing him, not him. They were the viruses that literally led to us getting relegated and spending 3 years in the Championship.

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was definitely a Sherwood signing along with Lescott, but as they were all part of a team, they all share the blame.

Lescott was certainly the poison in that dressing room maybe Gabby and for some reason I feel Guzan too

Richards was shit but think he seems a decent guy. Was it a cup game he actually came and spoke to the fans. Others not just in our squad but in other clubs would have just ignored them

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lescott was certainly the poison in that dressing room maybe Gabby and for some reason I feel Guzan too

Richards was shit but think he seems a decent guy. Was it a cup game he actually came and spoke to the fans. Others not just in our squad but in other clubs would have just ignored them

That game where Lescott and Guzan were having a spitting contest on the bench while we were getting spanked in the cup by a lower league team comes to mind. Richards just couldn't play anymore, but by all accounts was a good influence in the dressing room as evidenced by the fact that all the players we just mentioned were shipped out immediately but he was kept on all these years despite never playing.

I don't buy any of it.

He knew very well he were just milking cash away from the club when deep down he knew he would never return. at least for the last 2 seasons.

He will always remain a snake to me. Can't stand the man.

Edited by villalad21

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't buy any of it.

He knew very well he were just milking cash away from the club when deep down he knew he would never return. at least for the last 2 seasons.

He will always remain a snake to me. Can't stand the man.

Agreed, I'd definitely turn down 4m quid with my career looking over at 28 and staring at 50 years in front of me.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed, I'd definitely turn down 4m quid with my career looking over at 28 and staring at 50 years in front of me.

The people on his back wouldn't even turn down 30k a year let alone 4m. Everyone's a saint and would just donate their right back to their employer because they're just nice like that. Yeah **** right.

Â