limpid

Players look scared to go down the tunnel. They know what's coming

I wouldn't stand for it if I was them, if Sherwood had a go at me after the way he's set the team up, he'd be going back out with a black eye and I'd be on the transfer list.

Apart from Hutton I don't see how else he could set them up. 4 of them goals are basic errors in defending not tactics. 

He's got the back four on the halfway line.

That back four should be on the edge of our penalty area, if they were, we wouldn't have conceded any of the five goals we conceded in the first half. That's not to say we wouldn't have conceded some different goals; we're not playing well, but we've conceded pretty much the same goal five times and it's all down to where our defensive line are. 

A mistake is a mistake, we all make them, but Southampton have shown it's a mistake for five goals and another half a dozen chances and we haven't changed it. That's down to the manager.

Westwood and Vlaar being complete bell ends wouldn't have changed if the defence was deeper.

You're right, but having beaten them, the forward wouldn't have been faced with thirty yards of grass and Shay Given. They'd have been faced with more defenders.

I think that is one of the worse defensive displays I' very seen from our lot......the whole team has switched off from their defensive duties.

We are not pressing, they are.....it's like we are on the beach.....we have to learn to get tight BEFORE we try to work the ball.

If we do stay up I would suspect, this game will be a stark reminder to Tim Sherwood what this team is all about despite the good games.

I hope it's still ringing in his ears.....when we enter the transfer market.

Today has made me realise one thing - Okore's pace is shot since his injury :(

Wasn't it ACL? There is very little impact on pace even if they take a graft from hamstring, which I don't think they do for professional footballers.

• Like 1

sherwood made a huge cockup not playing A LB at lb also he should be giving senderos game time.

i would definitely drop that clown vlaar at half time and next week. obviously disgraceful performance from him and should not be tolerated

We don't have another LB to play.

I hope the irony of this isn't lost on everyone.

Unbelievable the number of through balls and they keep standing flat footed in a high square line. Okore being done for speed by Pelle...is he injured or just not trying? Was thinking before the first goal he was looking nervous, but hadn't expected Vlaar to be just as bad.. Lazy, unaware defending, but surely Sherwood must have told them to play high like that and didn't change it when they obviously couldn't' execute it.

Today has made me realise one thing - Okore's pace is shot since his injury :(

Wasn't it ACL? There is very little impact on pace even if they take a graft from hamstring, which I don't think they do for professional footballers.

I'd mine done with my hammy. I can barely walk.

But I'm guessing Okore did a bit more physiotherapy and conditioning post op than I did.