Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Incredibly excited about our business this summer, even though to be totally honest I don't really know much about any of the players have signed - other than they seem to be very highly rated.

My main question is - how the hell has this happened? What has changed at the club to firstly make us go in this direction, and secondly to make us so much more attractive a proposition to the these young players who previously might not have considered us??

Sherwood, Fox, Reilly - the club has always been there - back room staff is what is new.

Sadly its probably just a reflection of how far my (our) expectations have fallen that up until this summer I thought we would never be able to attract these types of players.

Points totals can be a funny one and need to be taken in the context of the other sides in the league.  Sometimes the points are higher if there are a few sides cut adrift (and picking up nothing) at the bottom and sometimes they're lower if everyone is huddled together.  That Villa side could be worse relative to Villa sides of other years, but could just be surrounded by even worse dross than in other years.  You only need to be better than the 3 shitest sides and some years those sides are shiter than others.

so does the fact there is a No10 still going mean we are still looking for a striker?

please God lets hope Adebeyor joins West Ham

I had come round to the idea that Adebayor would be quite a good fit, but if he's not up for it, and it seems perhaps he's not, then he'd be awful. 

I do think we need someone with a bit of presence who can also link the play up top. Gestede might be able to, but it remains to be proven, same with Ayew. 

I would like another striker, but only if they are genuine quality. In terms of bodies we are probably OK, assuming we hold on to Kozak. 

I had come round to the idea that Adebayor would be quite a good fit, but if he's not up for it, and it seems perhaps he's not, then he'd be awful.

100% this. If he's not bothered, then we run an absolute mile

I do think we need someone with a bit of presence who can also link the play up top. Gestede might be able to, but it remains to be proven, same with Ayew.

TBH I've no qualms with Gestede. I am convinced he's more than capable and anyone we bring in beyond this point will do well to usurp him as our lead striker this season. I expect him to be our top scorer and I expect Ayew to play second fiddle, and on occasion not at all.

Wouldn't mind Joey Barton tbh. Let's face it Sanchez is complete turd. Rather we got £2 million plus for Sanchez to put towards a striker or defender and got in Barton (if he reduced his wage demands which I'm sure he would) on a free. Perfect experienced back up for Westwood and he really is a half decent player.

As no one is in for Austin I wonder what the chances are of getting him on loan?? I'm sure QPR would rather accept a large loan fee then lose him for nothing in the summer.

giphy.gif

Wouldn't mind Joey Barton tbh. Let's face it Sanchez is complete turd. Rather we got £2 million plus for Sanchez to put towards a striker or defender and got in Barton (if he reduced his wage demands which I'm sure he would) on a free. Perfect experienced back up for Westwood and he really is a half decent player.

As no one is in for Austin I wonder what the chances are of getting him on loan?? I'm sure QPR would rather accept a large loan fee then lose him for nothing in the summer.

...or they could just, you know, lower their asking price?

I've always liked Barton. When he went native on those Man City players, I knew he was a proper villan. Wouldn't open the Moet if he joined, but I'd be pleased.

Edited by Sam3773