Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

stokes ex barca players, bojan (24) muniesa (23) affelay (29) i dont think any of them have actually ever been a team mate of him, the spanish speaking element might help him (they've got joselu too) but its not necessarily that much of an advantage, the report last night said he was coming over to meet the teams, see the facilities and then barca would open negotiations with the team that he preferred 

so thats him being lead down past our new pitch side trophy cabinet then...

Don't forget this guy...

article-1127036-066172F60000044D-781_306

Bought this guy for £17m on Football Manager and sold him to Juve for £65m  :D Sign him up.

Where did Juve get that kind of money from?!?! Ridiculous.

This lad looks, well, looks **** incredible. I said this about Veretout and was wrong but, surely too good to be true?

p.s. facial.

• Like 1

Looking at this impartially I still think we are the better option.

I'm basing this on us being a "stepping stone" for these players, as I believe we have sold on quite a few players to the big clubs: Milner , young , Fibian, tekkers etc.

To my knoledge I can't think of a single player that has left Stoke for bigger and better things ?

Also if I was put in a room with Mark Hughes I may contemplate suicide.

The guys voice makes me feel ill, nothing but football puns galore.

Would prefur a facial from Tim any day :)

I'm basing this on us being a "stepping stone" for these players, as I believe we have sold on quite a few players to the big clubs: Milner , young , Fibian, tekkers etc.

To my knoledge I can't think of a single player that has left Stoke for bigger and better things ?

Nzonzi to Sevilla and Begovic to Chelsea this season  :ph34r:

Nzonzi to Sevilla and Begovic to Chelsea this season :ph34r:

Begovic has gone as a back up rather than the 1st team and are Sevilla That big ? And anyways that's 2. Still stand by my point.

He would have to do pretty well for Barca to want him back

Quite, this is a club that didn't need Sanchez!

You heard anything on this TV?

Picturing you holding a TV right now and pointing to it.

I knew someone would say something like this straight away, but it was so much easier than to delete the V and add the rent :)

Rentilla?

:lol:  :bang:

So slow news day, I'm on a train for the next 2 hours, anyone know when a player (preferably a centre back) would have to sign by to play Saturday is it 12:00 Friday?

stokes ex barca players, bojan (24) muniesa (23) affelay (29) i dont think any of them have actually ever been a team mate of him, the spanish speaking element might help him (they've got joselu too) but its not necessarily that much of an advantage, the report last night said he was coming over to meet the teams, see the facilities and then barca would open negotiations with the team that he preferred 

We have \Gil and Crespo that speak Spanish so I dont think that would be a factor

And Sanchez.

Hutton may have the basics too.

We have \Gil and Crespo that speak Spanish so I dont think that would be a factor

And Sanchez.

Hutton may have the basics too.

FWIW, I think Guzan speaks Spanish as well.

£15M is a huge gamble for a player who has never really played at a high level though.

Euros, though, so more like £11m-ish I'd guess?

That's £11m for a sought after 19 year old from Barcelona.  We paid £7/8m for a 21 year old from Genk.  Which represents the bigger gamble?

I can't help but wonder how much influence Almstadt is having on our summer, not just in the targets themselves but the speed and efficiency with which we've brought them in.

This 1000%.

You cannot underestimate how difficult it is to get signings across the line, especially promising talent without any baggage. Fox and Almstadt have done a terrific job, and they must have a black book with this talent in too, it's a different level to the stuff we usually get.