Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Virgil van Dijk anyone? 

He could be available particularly if Celtic fail to qualify for the next round of the CL @ around £10m.

I think he might well plug any holes in our defence and I suspect he would be F-A-B in a Villa shirt. He might also be prepared to change his name to Jordan...   

Southampton wanted him so he has to be good

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D

I find it quite difficult to concentrate on the news when she is on screen.
I'm typing this as my missus is running through our wedding day tomorrow...."haven't checked the gossip in 3 hours love I'm out the game hold up"

Didn't go down well at all :/

My first child is due tomorrow.

Priorities are right my friend.

Best of luck Bud, have a great day/lifetime :-)

Edit: p.s. Call him Jordan ;-)

Cheers!

It's a girl, but that won't stop me naming her after my favourite player, Jordan..

Just add an a at the end, Jordana, simple. :)

From watching some Gestede videos it seems if you put a decent ball in that box he'll get on the end of it. Our delivery into the box from wide positions isn't great though

From what I've seen of Amavi his crossing is excellent so could see a player like Gestede scoring a handful just from his deliveries.

• Like 1

Anyone know if this Nixon guy is reliable? Sounding like a deal for Gestede is close from what he's saying.

Posted the below 24 hours ago but seemed to go largely unnoticed.

Don't think there is anything in Berbatov link but do think we are after a striker and I think we've bid for Rudy Gestede

• Like 1

Anyone know if this Nixon guy is reliable? Sounding like a deal for Gestede is close from what he's saying.

Posted the below 24 hours ago but seemed to go largely unnoticed.

Don't think there is anything in Berbatov link but do think we are after a striker and I think we've bid for Rudy Gestede

Oh it was noticed....

... I just didn't want to get my hopes up! ;)

Heard on the radio the other day that his knees are very bad, nearly had to retire the yr after his first at Swansea.

His ankle. Apparently he injured it late 2013, had an operation and hasn't played much since. Little bit risky then but I'd guess it would just be a loan.

I asked about the guy claiming it. I was told he is one of the main journalists for Cadena SER who are considered very reliable. So there is most likely something in it.

wonder who's off where. Ive included Seigrist recovering from a broken leg and Herd still training with us even though he hasnt signed a new contract in my count and we still have 29 players who would be over 21 and need registering in the 25 man Premier League squad.

COLE (33), RICHARDSON, GUZAN, BUNN, SENDEROS, HUTTON (30), NZOGBIA, SANCHEZ (29), ANGEL CRESPO, AGBONLAHOR (28), RICHARDS, CISSOKHO (27), SINCLAIR, KOZAK, HERD (26), GUEYE, TONEV, WESTWOOD, BENNETT, CLARK (25), BAKER (24), BACUNA, AYEW, GARDNER, SEIGRIST (23), STEER, GIL, OKORE (22), DONACIEN (21)

Amavi, Robinson, Sellars, Grealish and the other nippers are all classed as U21 this year and dont need to be in the 25.

11 of those are in the last year of their contracts - Cole, Richardson*, Senderos, Nzogbia, Bennett, Clark, Baker, Gardner, Bacuna, Seigrist*, Donacien (* Richardson and Seigrist apparently have one year options) along with Sellars, Robinson, Kinsella, Webb, Calder, Mason, Cowans, Watkins and Leggett from the U21's

• Like 1

PES and FIFA have him with a 61-64 rating. So wouldn't get near my starting line-up. Baptiste is only 21 though so under the 'potential' category. If there's anything in this then it should be a low budget squad player type deal as per Jose from Cordoba.

Very low rating, but they classed Grealish in the 60's before the start of last season.

Who Veretout?! He's a 76..