Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Be gutted if Kozak leaves after this. Has looked a handful in pre season. But Gestede seems like a good buy, especially for around £5-7 mil. 20 goals last year in the championship is pretty good, reckon he could kick on and have a Austin/Ings type season for us.

After Ade and Rudy, we need a winger or attacking mid to help provide the chances for our strikers. If you look at our squad, after Grealish and Gil, I see no creativity whatsoever. Hope we get Veretout or Praet or someone of that ilk.

Ayew provided a lot of assists, I think, hopefully he is going to take Agbonlahor's spot, and that would provide some chances.

Doesn't his goal record at Cardiff worry anyone else? He's also nearly 27 and never done it outside the championship. 

He's done well at Blackburn but some players just have a good few years at certain clubs. Not convinced. 

It does me, I think he might be like Beckford.

A lot of people appear to be over-looking what our options would be if we sustain any injuries. Its all very well saying we dont need him because we have Adebayor (or vice versa) but what happens if Adebayor gets injured? Oops, we need someone. If 2 strikers are injured we need decent ones to come in and still need a sub(s) available. No point preparing for a season if we dont have the resources to get through it.

• Like 3

A lot of people appear to be over-looking what our options would be if we sustain any injuries. Its all very well saying we dont need him because we have Adebayor (or vice versa) but what happens if Adebayor gets injured? Oops, we need someone. If 2 strikers are injured we need decent ones to come in and still need a sub(s) available. No point preparing for a season if we dont have the resources to get through it.

Exactly.

You'd think we'd learn our lesson on relying on one or two players with a load of shit sitting on the bench.

I don't want to get greedy with all the potential incoming's but we really need a centre back, especially if Baker leaves. Don't think we've been linked to anyone recently, have we?

I think after Gestede Adebayor and Veretout all that's missing is a CB

Get a quality one in drop Bacuna to the bench and shift Richards to RB

We will then have a very good season

Gueye/Veretout to replace Delph/Cleverley

Ayew to replace Gabby/Weimann

Gestede/Ade to replace Benteke/Kozak

Amavi to replace Cissokho

Richards to replace Vlaar

Bunn to replace Given

Seriously?with all the signings and the potential incoming Adebayor Veretout & Gestede i had forgot about the snake and Benteke...did you have to mention them [emoji6] Edited by Villan81
  • Like 1

I don't want to get greedy with all the potential incoming's but we really need a centre back, especially if Baker leaves. Don't think we've been linked to anyone recently, have we?

We've signed one.

• Like 1

We've signed one.
But Crespo is a full back isnt he?

Richard did mention a young center back from Marseille yesterday. Baptiste Aloé.

• Like 1

We've signed one.
But Crespo is a full back isnt he?
Can cover at right back, but best position is centre back.

Maybe we will have a 'VAG' announcement tomorrow. Veretout, Adebayor and Gestede.

For once it could be a genuine 'count the chairs' press conference.

I want to see all the players we have signed lined up. We might not have enough chairs!

• Like 1