Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

With the Austin link if I aus QPR I would he happy to let his contract run out if his goals got me back into the premiership, it's worth a £15 million loss for the tv revenue.

Regarding Bolasie I imagine he is quite high up on final 3rd dribbles, amount of dribbles, players taken on stats so I think it's probably true he is on our radar because of our rumoured approach to transfers. However he's going to cost £20 million and can sometimes look like he can't control the ball or that he dosnt know what he's doing. Would be better off spending that money on 2/3 players if we can.

One thing that really, really bugs me is when people suggest we are close to signing two players for example, then not even alluding to who they are.

Surely if you have heard some gossip, you'd at least tease us with a riddle or something to keep us normal, unconnected folk excited!

I understand the frustration and can sympathise but the way I see it is that if some people do have some inside information they have to be very careful how they leak it because if they blatantly come out and say we are talking to *named person* then they could expose themselves as a leak and either lose their job or lose their source. The best they can do for us is try to reassure us that something is happening and I find Richards info to be pretty accurate. Just dont ask or expect too much from guys like him.

• Like 1

One thing that really, really bugs me is when people suggest we are close to signing two players for example, then not even alluding to who they are.

Surely if you have heard some gossip, you'd at least tease us with a riddle or something to keep us normal, unconnected folk excited!

Personally I don't understand the clamour for gossip . Whatever happens , happens, and unless you plan on making money via undisclosed transfer knowledge then I don't understand it at all. 

Boooooo!

Character-buzz-killington-facespace.png

anigif_idc-17858-1311881440-1.gif

• Like 1

It's because they aren't Itk. Just attention seeking and pretending to be.

In some cases I believe you are right but that doesnt apply to all who post on here. Trent and Richard often post comments stating that something is in the pipeline or that we are not interested in a certain player and they are usually right. I believe they are doing is to reassure us as their AVFC brethren rather than seeking attention. Its like saying to your child that you have something planned for their birthday but cant tell them what it is. They can either trust you and wait with anticipated excitement or they can call you an attention seeking liar because you are offering nothing concrete. Its all a matter of trust and patience, or, a haters gonna hate!

• Like 1

People put too much emphasis on net spend. The most important thing is getting the right players in.

If the right players cost £6m and £10m respectively, then we'd still have a "minus net spend" but the team would be stronger.

The only problem is doing business sooner rather than later. It generally takes a little while for new players to gel.

Agreed about net spend regarding quality of player. But we should be spending more then the £40 million we've just got because our squad needs strength and quality and there's no reason, other than lerner choosing not to, for it not to happen.

Depends on wages, though.  People talk about a transfer budget or fees or whatever based solely on the price that is reported for the player (i.e: Benteke - £32.5m).  Micah Richards cost "nothing" but will likely be on sizeable wages.

Of course, it's entirely speculation, but you could spend, say, £5m on Adebayor and be paying him £80k/wk. It's incredibly unlikely that we'd then go ahead and buy another 6 x £5m players on £80k/wk - although we'd still have spent less than the apparent requisite of £40m on these players.

Another way to look at transfer bargaining ,,,lets take Austin at QPR.Now he is out of contract in a year so they need to extract the most value from him now to invest in the team.Right now they want 15mil but the closer it gets to the window the more desperate they will become to sell as they risk his value goign to zero in a year and they still need to improve the team.

So as it goes along maybe 12mi will get the deal over the line ,,,

That's just a simple example of course in that example should more than once club be interested in then can become a bidding war , point is transfer are complex and it can go either way or has the advantage , Buyer or the Seller.

How I see it is the closer it goes the more desperate they are to keep him as no one will want to sell key players without time to get replacements in. If they fail to sell they'll have a striker who could well score the goals to get them back up, he can't afford to sit around because people will be questioning is he a one season wonder, also he will be out of contract so he needs a big season no matter who for what will be the biggest and most important contract of his career, QPR are definitely in a strong position on this one. I don't think they are too bothered about £15m they've been pissing money up a wall for almost a decade now.

People put too much emphasis on net spend. The most important thing is getting the right players in.

If the right players cost £6m and £10m respectively, then we'd still have a "minus net spend" but the team would be stronger.

The only problem is doing business sooner rather than later. It generally takes a little while for new players to gel.

Agreed about net spend regarding quality of player. But we should be spending more then the £40 million we've just got because our squad needs strength and quality and there's no reason, other than lerner choosing not to, for it not to happen.

Depends on wages, though. People talk about a transfer budget or fees or whatever based solely on the price that is reported for the player (i.e: Benteke - £32.5m). Micah Richards cost "nothing" but will likely be on sizeable wages.

Of course, it's entirely speculation, but you could spend, say, £5m on Adebayor and be paying him £80k/wk. It's incredibly unlikely that we'd then go ahead and buy another 6 x £5m players on £80k/wk - although we'd still have spent less than the apparent requisite of £40m on these players.

I agree but with our wage bill significantly decreasing this summer that shouldn't restrict us too much.

I believe we should be able to invest more than £40 million on new players with competitive, sensible wages handed out.

I have serious doubts our owner will sanction this.

People put too much emphasis on net spend.  The most important thing is getting the right players in.

The only problem is doing business sooner rather than later.  It generally takes a little while for new players to gel.

I agree to a point, but the squad lacks a lot of depth so if we can get a player that does a better job at £6m than one who does a similar job for £10m, that's fantastic, but I want the extra £4m spent on someone who can do another job.

We are a bigger club than palace in terms of fanbase, stadium history etc. but on the playing side we really  are not, barring the three that have come up we are in the worst team in the league FACT. refer to last seasons table if you don't believe me

Form is temporary class is permanent ;)

Judging by Sherwood's outlook, bringing in new staff in all aspects, the fees paid for Amavi and Gueye, as well as the wages we have freed up from outgoings, as well as the fees gained from Benteke and Delph and Weimann and Lowton and whoever else.. I think we'll sign some good players.

Me too. The obvious problem that we are all having trouble getting along here blatantly stems from the fact that we are impatient. Its like ordering a 60" 4k 3D smart tv then being told the delivery time is 60 days from now. We're adult men so naturally the first thing we will do is sulk. Once it arrives and is fully operational we will love it for 10 minutes and completely forget the stress that was involved whilst waiting for it. Then start moaning that the blu-ray player we own isnt the same make as the telly and we need a sound bar.

The players will arrive chaps, lets just try to get along whilst we wait.

Spot on.  Only when it arrives half the people will hate the new TV and say it is crap....and so goes the cycle

• Like 1

Depends on wages, though. People talk about a transfer budget or fees or whatever based solely on the price that is reported for the player (i.e: Benteke - £32.5m). Micah Richards cost "nothing" but will likely be on sizeable wages.

I agree but with our wage bill significantly decreasing this summer that shouldn't restrict us too much.

I believe we should be able to invest more than £40 million on new players with competitive, sensible wages handed out.

I have serious doubts our owner will sanction this.

I can't see why our owner wouldn't support an equal net spend with sensible wages.  If he doesn't want to invest further then so be it.  You'd assume he'd have no problem spending roughly £45m this window on transfer fees though - so long as the right players are identified.

I'd rather invest sensibly and spend less than £40m than make an Andy Carroll-esque signing "just because".

• Like 1

We are in for Yannick Bolasie. 

He absolutely destroyed Sunderland towards the end of the season. And he had a good game against QPR. Those 2 games accounted for half of his offensive contributions. We can do much better if 20 is the figure quoted.

We are in for Yannick Bolasie. 

He absolutely destroyed Sunderland towards the end of the season. And he had a good game against QPR. Those 2 games accounted for half of his offensive contributions. We can do much better if 20 is the figure quoted.

I agree. He is typically a decent player, but he only had a handful of matches last season to justify his price tag. I'd sign him up for 10 because he is only 26 and can play the wing or striker.