Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Have I woken up in a parallel universe? Palace > Villa.....are people seriously suggesting this? If, and it's a big if, we bid for Bolasie and it's accepted, I'm sure he would be desperate to sign.

I'm not sure he would, they have just signed Cabaye and the lure of being in London will be a massive factor. Throw in the fact they are better than us and I'm not so sure he would be keen to join us personally

• Like 1

Have I woken up in a parallel universe? Palace > Villa.....are people seriously suggesting this? If, and it's a big if, we bid for Bolasie and it's accepted, I'm sure he would be desperate to sign.

because.... we have won a European Cup?All we have is History at the moment

besides that based on the last 5 years im struggling to think why we are a better option than palace?

we aren't

Go away with your positivity guys. Until we sign some more quality including a striker, which you have to admit as days go on looks less an less likely. We are yet again firm relegation candidates.

It'll have to be a huge turn around for Lerner to spend 40-50 million, even if it is from transfers. He has always had money, just refused to spend it!!

No it doesn't. You need a bit of patience. We want the club to take its' time and buy well.

How much did we actually spend though?

Sinclair = 2.5M

Bunn = Nominal

Gueye = 7.5M

Amavi = 8M

Richards = 0

So total 18M

Out

Lowton = 2M

Weimann = 2.5M

Bent = 0

Given = 0

Sylla = 1m

Luna = 1m

Vlaar = 0 

Stevens = 0

So what 6.5M ?

So net 11.5M

Without selling Delph and Beneteke it is arguable we needed anything else,  maybe a loan or two or a midfielder so a net spend of 15M would have done it.  Hardly anything and in fact peanuts for a premier league club when you see some spending that on one player,  and some clubs around us or lower in the league spending that

Now we have Delph 8M,  Benteke 32.5M  so actually the net is now minus 29M plus a heap saving on wages I'd like to think the net spend would still be 11.5M after the window,  I think thats doubtful and I still think thats nothing in this game when we now need to spend not just to stand still but catch up

• Like 1

Go away with your positivity guys. Until we sign some more quality including a striker, which you have to admit as days go on looks less an less likely. We are yet again firm relegation candidates.

It'll have to be a huge turn around for Lerner to spend 40-50 million, even if it is from transfers. He has always had money, just refused to spend it!!

No it doesn't. You need a bit of patience. We want the club to take its' time and buy well.

You say that now but wait until Man City come along and activate the 4 marbles and a Twix 'buy-out' clause in Jacks contract

why?

Richard, a man if your intelligence can surely work that out for yourself when you take off the glasses of doom.

Tell me why in your opinion he would be desperate to join us,  because regardless of my intelligence (and it is considerable) i'm not seeing it.  So enlighten me

• Like 1

Ok guys.....you win.....Palace are a much more attractive proposition than us...which is why 2 promising, highly sort after prospects in foreign leagues have signed for us.....maybe we drugged them!

your point is only valid is if CP bid for them. (i dont know if they did)

• Like 1

We could end up with Austin, Huddlestone and Tom Carroll (loan).

If that was it in this window what would you think?

That's right, pick out those links, ignore the links to Praet, etc. It is just scaremongering.

• Like 1

Apart from the 90m of his own he put into the club in the MON days..

We could end up with Austin, Huddlestone and Tom Carroll (loan).

If that was it in this window what would you think?

Naff

It means nothing if you don't invest in a team for 5 years and battle relegation year after year and cut more and more after a failed gamble.

• Like 1

Ok guys.....you win.....Palace are a much more attractive proposition than us...which is why 2 promising, highly sort after prospects in foreign leagues have signed for us.....maybe we drugged them!

were we competing with palace for them?

We need players badly but I don't think they have to be bought this week. A player valued at £9m today may go for £7m on deadline day for example.

Yes but at the same time over 10% of our league fixtures will have been played in that time frame so surely the £2m extra would be worth the expense if it helped keep us up?

Unfortunately we are not in a position to be gambling like this. Bums on seats now, no matter the extra cost!

The fans want everything yesterday and the club wants value for money .

Somebody is going to be unhappy...

Value for money is easier when you are not desperate.

We are not desperate. That is why things take time and require patience.

were we competing with palace for them?

No just the likes of Athletico Madrid, Lyon, Marseille and Southampton

We need players badly but I don't think they have to be bought this week. A player valued at £9m today may go for £7m on deadline day for example.

Yes but at the same time over 10% of our league fixtures will have been played in that time frame so surely the £2m extra would be worth the expense if it helped keep us up?

Unfortunately we are not in a position to be gambling like this. Bums on seats now, no matter the extra cost!

Value for money is easier when you are not desperate.

Things aren't desperate yet IMO.

But get that way the longer we leave it

we will bring 2 players in next week

That is a very decent guess.

Good post Omar

FWIW i do think we are close to a couple of signings,  not sure they will both excite the fan base as much as the club expect them to though

your point is only valid is if CP bid for them. (i dont know if they did)

No. My point is they joined because AVFC still is a huge attraction to players.

Nothing to do with what the fans want for me, each position in the league is worth now nearl £2m. Going in understrength to 4 games to save a few million would be a very poor idea financially. 

I am surprised that anyone would think that the people running our club would not realise that.