Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We could end up with Austin, Huddlestone and Tom Carroll (loan).

If that was it in this window what would you think?

I'd think some of our academy players better turn out to be shit hot.

• Like 1

We need players badly but I don't think they have to be bought this week. A player valued at £9m today may go for £7m on deadline day for example.

Yes but at the same time over 10% of our league fixtures will have been played in that time frame so surely the £2m extra would be worth the expense if it helped keep us up?

Unfortunately we are not in a position to be gambling like this. Bums on seats now, no matter the extra cost!

We need players badly but I don't think they have to be bought this week. A player valued at £9m today may go for £7m on deadline day for example.

Yes but at the same time over 10% of our league fixtures will have been played in that time frame so surely the £2m extra would be worth the expense if it helped keep us up?

Unfortunately we are not in a position to be gambling like this. Bums on seats now, no matter the extra cost!

The fans want everything yesterday and the club wants value for money .

Somebody is going to be unhappy...

Value for money is easier when you are not desperate.

Things aren't desperate yet IMO.

• Like 1

But get that way the longer we leave it

we will bring 2 players in next week

Nothing to do with what the fans want for me, each position in the league is worth now nearl £2m. Going in understrength to 4 games to save a few million would be a very poor idea financially. 

Possibly ... But from the posts on here you would think we are there now. 

We aren't. 

• Like 1

10% of those league fixtures being against sides we should be taking 3 points off

If we were playing the top 4 in those fixtures dead rubber games we could possibly wrangle out to the last day of the window but not with our fixtures we need them in ASAP 

The margins are that fine and we need every point we can get especially against sides that will probably be in a similar position to us at the end of the season

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Have I woken up in a parallel universe? Palace > Villa.....are people seriously suggesting this? If, and it's a big if, we bid for Bolasie and it's accepted, I'm sure he would be desperate to sign.

why?

Have I woken up in a parallel universe? Palace > Villa.....are people seriously suggesting this? If, and it's a big if, we bid for Bolasie and it's accepted, I'm sure he would be desperate to sign.

because.... we have won a European Cup?All we have is History at the moment

besides that based on the last 5 years im struggling to think why we are a better option than palace?

Edited by Villan81

We've had plenty of links out there in the foreign press like the ones we've got used to over the years, so I'm sure we've got plenty going on. It's been less than a day since the Benteke money was confirmed, so I'm sure things will start moving quickly from now. I see little to suggest we won't spend most if not all the money too; Randy has never taken money out of the club and I see no evidence that he won't let Fox and Sherwood spend what the club earns. He is trying to sell the club dirt cheap by the sounds of things, so I don't see why he'd just sit on the cash, and if he was going to, I doubt we'd have spent our entire budget on a left back and one central midfielder. It still takes negotiation though and value for money is still important, so stay patient.

• Like 1

why?

Richard, a man if your intelligence can surely work that out for yourself when you take off the glasses of doom.

• Like 1

This window so far seems to be a bit like Lambert's first. We then had a shite start to the season and ended up buying three players on deadline day and trying to get Dempsey too.

And a certain Belgian striker whose value has since quadrupled.