Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Hugo Viana.

Think Newcastle signed him for massive money, might've been a record for an under 20 player at the time but he never really did much there and went to a few Spanish and Portuguese clubs after.

He's probably only about 31 now.

He's in the UAE now. 

Hugo Viana.

Think Newcastle signed him for massive money, might've been a record for an under 20 player at the time but he never really did much there and went to a few Spanish and Portuguese clubs after.

He's probably only about 31 now.

They also had another midfielder around the same time who flopped. South American I think, can't remember the name.

Edit: I looked it up, it was Diego Gavilán.

Looking through their squad another name I noticed was Michael Bridges. Seems he was on loan for a bit that season, I don't remember that. I haven't given him a thought since he left Leeds actually.

Edited by Isa

Is Mido still playing?

and on the subject of Egyptian players, what about Arsenals old sub goalie... The Egyptian-come-Swedish superstar that is Rami Shaaban

Mido played for Barnsley a few years ago, retired when he left them when he was only 29 i think.

Apparently, David Bellion is now playing for a French 3rd division club.

He scored his first goal in the Premier League against us for Sunderland.

And whatever happened to that Italian Man U kiddy who scored twice in the last 10 minutes to win them the game about 6 years ago?

DJ Campbell, now 33 - playing for Maidenhead.

His daughter was at school with mine about nine years ago, and they became good mates. They used to live in Bickenhill and my daughter used to go round his house quite a lot. As a consequence i met him a few times, and every time he was a complete bellend. 

Cheers Nick

DJ Campbell, now 33 - playing for Maidenhead.

His daughter was at school with mine about nine years ago, and they became good mates. They used to live in Bickenhill and my daughter used to go round his house quite a lot. As a consequence i met him a few times, and every time he was a complete bellend.

Cheers Nick

Nice house? Lol

Apparently, David Bellion is now playing for a French 3rd division club.

He scored his first goal in the Premier League against us for Sunderland.

And whatever happened to that Italian Man U kiddy who scored twice in the last 10 minutes to win them the game about 6 years ago?

Frederico macheda. Obviously the only thing he ever did was get those goals out of nowhere. He was absolutely crap before and after.

I think he got shipped off to athletico

We have a habit of that happening. This season a man u pal said we may struggle when we play you. Firstly, it's united and we're cursed in that match, but my next prediction was...

"who is a forward who is rubbish and underperforming for you"

"falcao"

"right, well, he'll score for you and do bugger all for the rest of the season"

That prediction was based on the Macheda-factor.

I don't english football learnt what it should have done from him, 18 / 19 on £40k a week, enjoyed a drink, got badly injured, got depressed, enjoyed a drink a bit more, finished him

We've now got kids of a similar age making Johnson look poorly paid

He's become a footnote and a joke for lad football bible types, to me he should have been a warning to the FA that as far as I know they've done nothing about

Is Mido still playing?

and on the subject of Egyptian players, what about Arsenals old sub goalie... The Egyptian-come-Swedish superstar that is Rami Shaaban

Rami lives in Stockholm. He is co-commentating on the Bundesliga over here. He is not very good.

Bolton and England, made his debut on the same night as Darius (he did get his call up on merit btw) which meant Middlesborough came in for him with a big bag of money. He took it and disappeared without trace.

Â