Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

1407523089.jpg

I couldn't find his personal thread, so I thought here was as good a place as any to report that he was sent home before Bolton played Brentford yesterday, and has subsequently been suspended, for causing a disturbance at their hotel. Neil Danns also. 

If you look at the players man city signed under even and that shinawatra(sp) that owned them at the time, its like a who's who of footballers you cant remember

Nery Castillo, valery bojinov, iker isaakson...

I forgot they paid £17.5m for Roque Santa Cruz and £32m for Robinho! 

Other players they had:

Tel Ben Haim - £5m

Felipe Caicedo - £5m

Bernardo Corrardi - undisclosed but I think about £7.5m?

Had to look up a list of Man City transfers to find them! 

If you look at the players man city signed under even and that shinawatra(sp) that owned them at the time, its like a who's who of footballers you cant remember

Nery Castillo, valery bojinov, iker isaakson...

I forgot they paid £17.5m for Roque Santa Cruz and £32m for Robinho! 

Other players they had:

Tel Ben Haim - £5m

Felipe Caicedo - £5m

Bernardo Corrardi - undisclosed but I think about £7.5m?

Had to look up a list of Man City transfers to find them! 

I used to work in Manchester with a Paraguayan guy who often played poker at Roque Santa Cruz's house. 

Sorry, I've mistaken this for the boring thread haven't I?

Michael Johnson scored a great goal against us once

In his early days at City I thought he was going to be the new Gerrard he looked a great prospect.

Just a sad tale of a young lad liking a drink and a bite to eat too much and also a massive 5 year deal early on which wrecked things.

Like a drink and bit to eat?

He suffered from serious mental issues, alcoholism and depression.

Yes I know the underlying issues but one of the pictures printed just before City released him was him being overweight and about to tuck into a kebab.

It was Grabbi. Well done VillaChris and Jimzk5

Grabbi was another in a long list of failed Italians. Remember Silenzi at Forest?

I think I mentioned maceo rigters in this thread, like roysten drenthe, Ryan babel and Pascal zuiverloon, he was part of the Dutch u21 squad at the 2007 u21 championships, so many of Tha Dutch squad got big moves after that tournament, Rigters went to Blackburn.

This is him now

image-4713947.png

I think I mentioned maceo rigters in this thread, like roysten drenthe, Ryan babel and Pascal zuiverloon, he was part of the Dutch u21 squad at the 2007 u21 championships, so many of Tha Dutch squad got big moves after that tournament, Rigters went to Blackburn.

This is him now

image-4713947.png

Hardly any of that Dutch under 21 squad went on to do much did they, Daniel De Ridder was another who followed Steve Bruce for a bit before going into obscurity.

Here's one for you Julian Draxler. Just watching Schalke-Wolfsbrug and he's come on. Now considering he was being linked with 30m moves to Arsenal 18 months ago and was seen as Germany's future I've not heard much of him recently, has he been injured?

Â