Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

A Italian bloke called Bianchi? that played for City pre Sheik days. Think he might have been there for Sven's season there. Signed for big money then just disappeared.

Rolando bianchi! I only remember him because despite how shite he was, guess who he scored one of hes 3 man citygoals against.....

Edited by Jimzk5

Michael Johnson scored a great goal against us once

In his early days at City I thought he was going to be the new Gerrard he looked a great prospect.

Just a sad tale of a young lad liking a drink and a bite to eat too much and also a massive 5 year deal early on which wrecked things.

A Italian bloke called Bianchi? that played for City pre Sheik days. Think he might have been there for Sven's season there. Signed for big money then just disappeared. 

Man. City signed a huge amount of those types that season. Everyone was raving about Elano who admittedly had a good start but once winter kicked in he started to disappear, Gelson Fernandes was another.

I remember having a right good natter on here around that time with a poster called I think Tricella who either disappeared or is posting on another name here...anyway he was arguing why wasn't O'Neill signing these fancy foreign names like that nice man Sven and they'd basically finish well clear of us but Man. City soon hit the wall at xmas before obviously the massive takeover and they started signing genuinely top class foreign players.

Benjani

Winner winner chicken dinner. What a player he was, for about a month. Last thing I remember was the transfer to Man City. I don't remember a single thing about him after that.

Ha not me. One of my best mates at Uni around that period was a Pompey fan and Benjani was his favourite player by a mile so even after he left Pompey I was hearing all the time about what random African team he was turning out for before he eventually came back to Pompey for a bit.

Talking about Pompey and their good season that year, is Baros still playing anywhere?

If you look at the players man city signed under even and that shinawatra(sp) that owned them at the time, its like a who's who of footballers you cant remember

Nery Castillo, valery bojinov, iker isaakson...

Benjani

Winner winner chicken dinner. What a player he was, for about a month. Last thing I remember was the transfer to Man City. I don't remember a single thing about him after that.

Ha not me. One of my best mates at Uni around that period was a Pompey fan and Benjani was his favourite player by a mile so even after he left Pompey I was hearing all the time about what random African team he was turning out for before he eventually came back to Pompey for a bit.

Talking about Pompey and their good season that year, is Baros still playing anywhere?

Yeah he's back in Czech playing for the club he started at, Banik Ostrava.

If you look at the players man city signed under even and that shinawatra(sp) that owned them at the time, its like a who's who of footballers you cant remember

Nery Castillo was incredibly hyped at the time, I have no idea what he did after leaving City as he barely played for them.

Bojinov was a very good player in Seria A and had some really bad injuries at City. I remember he was going to start v us in the first game in 2008 and did his achilles in the warm up so Ched Evans had to come in......Lamela at Spurs reminds me a bit of him, very good stats in Seria A but hardly anything in the premier league.

Iskasson was a decent keeper aswell, I was flicking through the bet 365 matches earlier and he was playing for a Turkish team against Beskitas so there you go.

Edited by VillaChris

Rolando bianchi! I only remember him because despite how shite he was, guess who he scored one of hes 3 man citygoals against.....

That's the one!

Nery Castillo was incredibly hyped at the time, I have no idea what he did after leaving City as he barely played for them.

Bojinov was a very good player in Seria A and had some really bad injuries at City. I remember he was going to start v us in the first game in 2008 and did his achilles in the warm up so Ched Evans had to come in......Lamela at Spurs reminds me a bit of him, very good stats in Seria A but hardly anything in the premier league.

Iskasson was a decent keeper aswell, I was flicking through the bet 365 matches earlier and he was playing for a Turkish team against Beskitas so there you go.

I remember Castillo from the world cup in 06, he was brilliant, was linked with tea Madrid at the time and he ended up going to shakhtar Iirc

I also remember bojinov as being "Bulgaria's wayne Rooney", I was at that man city game when he got injured in the warm up, gabby scored that perfect hat trick and we dicked them 4-1, 2 weeks later they'd been bought out by the sheiks'

Edited by Jimzk5

I remember Castillo from the world cup in 06, he was brilliant, was linked with tea Madrid at the time and he ended up going to shakhtar Iirc

I also remember bojinov as being "Bulgaria's wayne Rooney", I was at that man city game when he got injured in the warm up, gabby scored that perfect hat trick and we dicked them 4-1, 2 weeks later they'd been bought out by the sheiks'

They were so so close to going out of business before the Sheiks took over. Annoying really.

Benjani

Weirdly the only thing I can remember about the bloke is from Manchester City.  He made his debut in the game which marked the 50th anniversary of the Munich air crash, the one where United wore the 1958 style kit and City played without a sponsor on their shirt, and he scored the winning goal which (at the time) was the first time City had won at Old Trafford in about 200 attempts. 

In his early days at City I thought he was going to be the new Gerrard he looked a great prospect.

Just a sad tale of a young lad liking a drink and a bite to eat too much and also a massive 5 year deal early on which wrecked things.

Like a drink and bit to eat?

He suffered from serious mental issues, alcoholism and depression.

Like a drink and bit to eat?

He suffered from serious mental issues, alcoholism and depression.

Not to mention the constant injuries he had, all a bit sad really.

Â