Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

GRANT HOLT SIGNS ‘MULTI-SHOW’ CONTRACT WITH WAW WRESTLING COMPANY, DUE TO START TRAINING THIS WEEK

holt-wrestling.png

holt-wrestling.png

Following the well-worn path trodden by the likes of Tim Weise and that Burton Albion goalkeeper, Grant Holt is making the entirely natural transition from professional football to professional wrestling.

The 37-year-old striker, who spent last season at Barrow in the National League, has signed a “multi-show contract” to perform with World Association of Wrestling (WAW).

According to BBC Sport, Holt is due to start his training on Thursday with a view to making his WAW debut at the ‘Fightmare 3’ show in 2019.

The ex-Norwich man will be teamed up with Rory and Zak Knight, otherwise known as the UK Hooligans tag team.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/hardmen/272896/grant-holt-signs-multi-show-contract-with-waw-wrestling-company-due-to-start-training-this-week.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

When Manuel Fernandes came on for Portugal I thought surely that's not the same one who played in premier league years ago...it was!

Played for Portsmouth in 2006 and then Everton next year, pretty sure we were linked at some stage in that period.

Been playing in Moscow since 2014.

Edited by VillaChris

Oleg Salenko

8 caps for Russia - 6 goals - all  goals n the 1994 World Cup

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he had a trial at Villa a few years earlier. 

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Oleg Salenko

8 caps for Russia - 6 goals - all  goals n the 1994 World Cup

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he had a trial at Villa a few years earlier. 

Played for Rangers for a bit.

hagi is the first player i can really remember as a kid where everything went through him, watching him for romania in 94 he took all the free kicks, all the corners, probably all the throw ins he seemingly was romania

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

hagi is the first player i can really remember as a kid where everything went through him, watching him for romania in 94 he took all the free kicks, all the corners, probably all the throw ins he seemingly was romania

He was so good a couple of Premier League teams signed his international team mates then realised he was who they should have signed

On Hagi, back in early 90s nearly all the Eastern Europeans had a top playmaker.  Boban, Stoichkov, Hagi, Mostovoi, Stojkovic. 

Now except Croatia them nations have gone backwards

Â