Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

On 10/10/2018 at 03:37, sparrow1988 said:

Stephen Ireland just signed a "short term" contract with Bolton. My God!

He's only 32!

I assumed he would be 36/37!

On 09/09/2018 at 13:56, sne said:

Nicklas "The Lord" Bendtner has once again gotten in trouble involving a taxi (not with his penis this time).

Apparently he's broken the jaw of a taxi driver in Copenhagen over the weekend.

Classy guy.

He's a great player though - just ask him!

Remember Arda Turan?

He's been on a somewhat downward spiral since his big move to Barcelona.

Turkish prosecutors have charged Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan over an alleged fight with a prominent singer, asking for the footballer to be sentenced to 12-and-a-half years in jail.

Prosecutors charged Turan, who is currently on loan at Istanbul Basaksehir, with sexual harassment, unlicensed possession of weapons and causing intentional injury over an alleged fight with singer Berkay Sahin, the state-run Anadolu news agency said.

Sahin, who goes on stage by his first name Berkay, was also charged, with prosecutors demanding up to two years in jail.

Turan, 31, had last week been summoned to an Istanbul police station to give a statement about the incident, which took place outside an Istanbul nightclub and reportedly left Sahin with a broken nose.

The attacking midfielder, who won 100 caps for the national side, joined Basaksehir last season on loan from Barcelona, where he had largely endured an unhappy spell on the bench after joining from Atletico Madrid.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/11526601/barcelona-midfielder-arda-turan-charged-over-alleged-fight-with-turkish-singer

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he looked alright at West Ham in the first season but ridiculous contract to give him.

The injuries have finished him off, he was playing RB for Blues when we beat them at VP and he was absolutely rancid. Took longer than Hutton everytime he took a throw because he was blowing from the second minute.

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I thought he looked alright at West Ham in the first season but ridiculous contract to give him.

The injuries have finished him off, he was playing RB for Blues when we beat them at VP and he was absolutely rancid. Took longer than Hutton everytime he took a throw because he was blowing from the second minute.

Wouldnt mind but he is nearly 10 years younger than Hutton ?

David Wheater popping up for Bolton tonight.  How the hell is he still only 31?  It seems like he made his debut for Middlesbrough about fifty years ago. 

• Like 4

Ronaldinho has had his passport revoked by the Brazilian government after failing to pay a £2 m debt and only having a total of £5 in his bank account. (Obviously he has more hidden away somewhere as it can't all have gone up his nose)

He's also been disowned by FC Barcelona for his active support of Jair Bolsonaro (The Donald Trump of the tropics) who is in favor of torture, the death penalty and is openly racist and homophobic.

(Bit funny that since Barcelona used to get their money from Qatar)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Joaquin playing for Betis tonight.  From what I remember he was mustard when he was young before he got some injuries.

I remember him giving England the run around in a friendly many a year ago, I was sure he was going to be one of the best in the world.

Think it was the same game where Rooney pushes Casillas into the stands and had to be subbed before he got sent off.

Â