2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

psg are owned by Qatar investments authority, I'm sure we'd make a nice addition to their $170bn portfolio...

The only reason I could see it ever happening is if Al Jazeera sports are still sniffing round the tv deal, they've had 2 failed attempts so far I think, would owning a club here make it more achievable? Dunno, I'm sure with the FA / PL it's more a case of just throwing money at them rather than needing to raise your profile 1st

Edited by villa4europe

Might just be going there for dinner, popped in to Bodymoor on his way through. He's a billionaire, they do that kind of thing.

It's just that the Sami Mokbel piece that revealed he was flying over claimed it was related to the sale. Of course it's quite possible that he learnt purely of Lerner's travel plans and the rest is conjecture.

It's not but the people who own Paris Saint-Germain are from Qatar, so Paris might be a convenient place to hook up, if they're going to buy us.

pretty sure they can't own us and them

It's not but the people who own Paris Saint-Germain are from Qatar, so Paris might be a convenient place to hook up, if they're going to buy us.

pretty sure they can't own us and them

Well it all comes from the same ruling family. So they effectively can under another of their companies under a different member.

• Like 1

Maybe not but I'm sure they'll find a way. Weren't the owners of Malaga meant to be somehow associated with the Paris Saint-Germain owners. Wouldn't surprise me if this is why Bent is suddenly talking about staying, he wants to get his hands on some crispy Qatari bills.

Edited by useless

Sorry, sense of humor.  It amuses me... and that's enough sometimes.

• Like 1

Maybe not but I'm sure they'll find a way. Weren't the owners of Malaga meant to be somehow associated with the Paris Saint-Germain owners.

Yes, both owned by members of the Al-Thani family.

• Like 2

Â