2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Maybe not but I'm sure they'll find a way. Weren't the owners of Malaga meant to be somehow associated with the Paris Saint-Germain owners. Wouldn't surprise me if this is why Bent is suddenly talking about staying, he wants to get his hands on some crispy Qatari bills.

Not sure if serious. Jpg

Do you not think it's more likely that Bent is talking about staying because the manager who didn't want him has been sacked, he has a good relationship with Sherwood, and he's also out of contract in the summer so i'm sure he's listening to all offers...

Or it's because the Qatari's are taking over, Bent knows all about it, and is hoping they will give him one big final pay-day.

Hmmmm....

• Like 1

Do you not think it's more likely that Bent is talking about staying because the manager who didn't want him has been sacked, he has a good relationship with Sherwood, and he's also out of contract in the summer so i'm sure he's listening to all offers...

Or it's because the Qatari's are taking over, Bent knows all about it, and is hoping they will give him one big final pay-day.

Hmmmm....

haha mental gymnastics is astonishing in some people

I really don't think it's a great stretch to imagine that Bent is motivated by new money in his seemingly new found desire to stay at the club, rather than the idea of playing for Sherwood. I didn't believe it at the time but now it's seeming more likely that Delph knew something when he signed his contract extension too.

Maybe not but I'm sure they'll find a way. Weren't the owners of Malaga meant to be somehow associated with the Paris Saint-Germain owners.

Yes, both owned by members of the Al-Thani family.

Well, it certainly seems to have done wonders for Malaga. 

I really don't think it's a great stretch to imagine that Bent is motivated by new money in his seemingly new found desire to stay at the club, rather than the idea of playing for Sherwood. I didn't believe it at the time but now it's seeming more likely that Delph knew something when he signed his contract extension too.

I do. 

It feels more real this time out though. Last year I think it was just the one paper who said that some US Baseball team owners were interested without naming names. This time around we've got names and groups being mentioned from multiple media sources and reports of a group going into due diligence and then to top it all off Randy goes to Paris. Nothings certain but it feels like something's up.

It feels more real this time out though. Last year I think it was just the one paper who said that some US Baseball team owners were interested without naming names. This time around we've got names and groups being mentioned from multiple media sources and reports of a group going into due diligence and then to top it all off Randy goes to Paris. Nothings certain but it feels like something's up.

It was real last year too.

Hmmmm....

Bent is on 60k a week here apparently.

There's no way he'd get a new deal if Lerner was still counting the pennies next season as the opportunity to get someone earning 3m a year for doing naff all would be too good to miss.

I get the feeling Lerner is sanctioning this knowing it will be someone else's problem in a few months time e.g. the wage bill.

I believe that, I just mean this time out it feels like a sale is more probable.

It is really just the same. One article gets regurgitated by newspapers, Twitter, etc., and names are added without source. Just relax - que sera and all that.

Hmmmm....

There's no way he'd get a new deal if Lerner was still counting the pennies next season as the opportunity to get someone earning 3m a year for doing naff all would be too good to miss.

I get the feeling Lerner is sanctioning this knowing it will be someone else's problem in a few months time e.g. the wage bill.

I Believe Bent is on north of 70k

O.k well it's fair to say whatever the figure he's probably the highest paid player in this squad given his transfer fee.

So given the extreme cost cutting over the last few years, if Lerner knew he would be here whole of next season no way would he be allowing these contract talks. Bent would have to take a pay cut but it wouldn't be anything ridiculous given Derby will probably offer him a good deal if they come up.

I think it was a little different with Hutton. Spurs generally don't pay their squad players that much so possible he was on 30k there, we probably bumped him up to 40k and he signed the new deal back at 30k so dosen't quite dent as much on a wage bill as a 60-70k per week player.

What's all this about Bent? I've been on my hols and I seem to have missed something.

Me too. If Bent signs a new contract with us, I think I'll give up on football. I like him more than most on here, but it would just be insanity.

Very real.

Hmmmm....

That's assuming we'd offer him a new 60k a week contract. Which we wouldn't. 

Anyway, this is going off topic a bit. I don't personally see Bent considering an option to stay at the club an indication that we're being taken over. 

• Like 1

Â