2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Sorry for the slightly off-topic but saw this on BBC Sportday,

BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy: "West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace will only sell the club if a deal can be done early in the summer - otherwise any talks will be put on hold for at least another year.

"Groups from China and the USA are believed to be interested in buying the club, with Peace asking for £150m.

"Peace is keen that the process does not drag on, so that the club can plan properly in the summer transfer window.

"Manager Tony Pulis is expected to be part of any new structure."

Odd that West Brom have interest and we may not. Like buying a 2 bed semi when you could have the 5 bed detached house a couple of doors down, isn't it?

Got to say I would fancy peace to conclude a deal more quickly than Lerner.

Odd that our asking price was apparently a huge stumbling block for potential buyers, but West Brom have interest at £150m.

Maybe the new TV deal has something to do it?

Odd that our asking price was apparently a huge stumbling block for potential buyers, but West Brom have interest at £150m.

Maybe the new TV deal has something to do it?

Maybe it's absolute cobblers.

Wow! Wow! Wow! There's a takeover happening!? I'm off to buy my season tickets based on a load of flimsy rumours.

After that I must send this Nigerian bloke £10K to release my lottery win, send money to this Eastern European supermodel I've been chatting to online who needs it for her sick grandmother, and then call this premium rate number to collect the mystery prize I won from a free scratch card in a magazine. Exciting :)

You lucky git!!

• Like 4

A deal to sell Aston Villa to a consortium for around £150m is thought to be imminent. Due diligence has been in progress and the purchasers are just waiting to ensure that the club's Premiership place is secure.

Because of the impending deal Villa have not made any arrangements for a pre-season tour. Randy Lerner will make a rare visit to a Villa match when he attends the FA Cup semi-final on Sunday.

It remains to be seen whether new owners can realise the potential of this sleeping giant.

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/aston-villa-deal-imminent

Edited by MrSmirch
  • Like 3

James Nursey claims they've been postponed.

@JamesNursey: In @DailyMirror, #AVFC put plans for pre-season tour on hold amid expectation of likely summer takeover. New owners help chose destination?

Edit: I can't find the inferred article so it'll probably be in tomorrow's edition.

Edited by Isa

Â