2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Not really it's normally been: top ten for 3 years followed by a relegation struggle. It's only this last 4 years that have been a relegation battle.

Unless your taking the pee!

Anybody see Sherwood's comments about Benteke in the Telegraph today?

"If he asked to talk about his future right now, I wouldn’t want to, I'd tell him 'Let’s leave it until the season is over, see where we are and I’ll give you an honest appraisal of where I think we can be.'"

More hints about a takeover?

Edited by samjp26

"If he asked to talk about his future right now, I wouldn’t want to, I'd tell him 'Let’s leave it until the season is over, see where we are and I’ll give you an honest appraisal of where I think we can be.'"

Think you're reading something that isn't there. What Sherwood is saying is just common sense.

• Like 1

Think you're reading something that isn't there. What Sherwood is saying is just common sense.

I understand why you'd think that, but it's more due to his previous comments about "after this season".

He seems very assured that, should we stay up this season, we'll never be in this sort of mess again. Can't help but feel there is reasoning behind that.

I just took it to mean that first and foremost we need to be concentrating on winning games and ensuring survival and there's not much point discussing anything until we know what league we'll be in next season.

The potential takeover is another element to the uncertainty though I suppose, but I wouldn't read into anything in that much detail as far as that is concerned.

Edited by Ginko

I understand why you'd think that, but it's more due to his previous comments about "after this season".

He seems very assured that, should we stay up this season, we'll never be in this sort of mess again. Can't help but feel there is reasoning behind that.

That is probably just his natural confidence.

James Nursey and it's The Mirror.. but i'll post it anyway

Aston Villa takeover: Chinese consortium plan purchase just HOURS after FA Cup final

Aston Villa are being targeted by a wealthy Chinese consortium who want to complete a takeover immediately after the FA Cup final.

Tim Sherwood’s side stunned Liverpool on Sunday to set up a showdown against Arsenal on May 30.

And Villa could lift the Cup then be in new hands within hours as the Chinese are determined to buy a Premier League club.

The group have also held talks with neighbouring West Brom as a back-up plan as the move for Villa would depend on them avoiding relegation.

MirrorSport understands the consortium already have representatives in England and are doing due diligence ahead of completing a Villa deal in early June.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-takeover-chinese-consortium-5555974

Â