2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

That Jonny Gould tweet doesn't say who the denial is actually from, I haven't seen it reported anywhere else, and would someone linked with Cain Hoy actually refer to us as #AVFC.

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner puts £3m home up for sale as American edges towards Villa Park exit door Premier League strugglers poised for takeover after owner puts £3m home up for sale

Randy Lerner’s £3 million farmhouse has been made available in another clear sign Aston Villa are heading for a summer takeover.

Lerner’s property in Bodymoor Heath is being offered to the consortium bidding to complete an £150m deal at the end of this season.

The converted farmhouse with almost 16 acres of land, based near Villa’s training ground in North Warwickshire, is part of the overall package that Lerner has proposed to the party interested in buying the Midlands club.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the consortium are now in due diligence and have been given access to the club’s ‘data room’, with the intention of taking charge in the summer and ending Lerner’s nine-year reign.

The small international group, led by one major investor and a number of backers from around the world, have signed a non-disclosure agreement and are determined to keep their identities secret.

Links with American investment bankers Todd Boehly and Henry Silverman have been dismissed, but talks are said to be progressing smoothly and the takeover is expected to accelerate once Villa’s Premier League future is known.

Villa remain in danger of relegation to the Championship under manager Tim Sherwood and are only three points clear of the bottom three.

Sherwood faces a tough trip to Manchester United on Saturday before a potentially pivotal home game against Queens Park Rangers the following Tuesday.

Relegation would severely harm Lerner’s asking price – it is understood the £150m fee could even be halved – but the consortium would still be interested in buying the club.

However, Sherwood has masterminded an upturn in mood since his appointment and is also preparing for a FA Cup semi-final at Wembley next month, against the winners of the replay between Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers.

The potential new owners have not made their intentions clear on the futures of Sherwood as yet, or chief executive Tom Fox, who joined from Arsenal at the start of the season.

Fox has made a significant impact off the field since his arrival but was a Lerner appointment and could be facing an uncertain summer.

Lerner’s departure would end an association of nearly nine years, after he bought the club from Doug Ellis in 2006 for around £62.6m.

At the end of last season he confirmed his decision to put the former European Cup winners up for sale, admitting “the last several seasons have been week-in, week-out battles.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11506254/Aston-Villa-owner-Randy-Lerner-puts-3m-home-up-for-sale-as-American-edges-towards-Villa-Park-exit-door.html

• Like 2

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner puts £3m home up for sale as American edges towards Villa Park exit door Premier League strugglers poised for takeover after owner puts £3m home up for sale

Randy Lerner’s £3 million farmhouse has been made available in another clear sign Aston Villa are heading for a summer takeover.

Lerner’s property in Bodymoor Heath is being offered to the consortium bidding to complete an £150m deal at the end of this season.

The converted farmhouse with almost 16 acres of land, based near Villa’s training ground in North Warwickshire, is part of the overall package that Lerner has proposed to the party interested in buying the Midlands club.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that the consortium are now in due diligence and have been given access to the club’s ‘data room’, with the intention of taking charge in the summer and ending Lerner’s nine-year reign.

The small international group, led by one major investor and a number of backers from around the world, have signed a non-disclosure agreement and are determined to keep their identities secret.

Links with American investment bankers Todd Boehly and Henry Silverman have been dismissed, but talks are said to be progressing smoothly and the takeover is expected to accelerate once Villa’s Premier League future is known.

Villa remain in danger of relegation to the Championship under manager Tim Sherwood and are only three points clear of the bottom three.

Sherwood faces a tough trip to Manchester United on Saturday before a potentially pivotal home game against Queens Park Rangers the following Tuesday.

Relegation would severely harm Lerner’s asking price – it is understood the £150m fee could even be halved – but the consortium would still be interested in buying the club.

However, Sherwood has masterminded an upturn in mood since his appointment and is also preparing for a FA Cup semi-final at Wembley next month, against the winners of the replay between Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers.

The potential new owners have not made their intentions clear on the futures of Sherwood as yet, or chief executive Tom Fox, who joined from Arsenal at the start of the season.

Fox has made a significant impact off the field since his arrival but was a Lerner appointment and could be facing an uncertain summer.

Lerner’s departure would end an association of nearly nine years, after he bought the club from Doug Ellis in 2006 for around £62.6m.

At the end of last season he confirmed his decision to put the former European Cup winners up for sale, admitting “the last several seasons have been week-in, week-out battles.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11506254/Aston-Villa-owner-Randy-Lerner-puts-3m-home-up-for-sale-as-American-edges-towards-Villa-Park-exit-door.html

if true - it sounds like uk based fans - if they still want us even if we are relegated. - come on VT lets flush this one out !!!

We're not a publicly trading company though, we're privately owned.

Unless you're referring to Cain Hoy?

yes cain hoy, that was the only reason i could see for the statement

If you assume there are no rules regarding disclosure potential purchase - you will be closer to the mark. This is a private sale - so there need be no announcement - indeed some clubs have been purchased an even then the identity of the buyer remains a secret.

The only rule I am aware of is that if you aquire over a certain % of shares of a listed company (which we aren't) - you have to declare who you are.

I think they will want to remain annonymous - to prevent anyone else stepping in with a bid at the last minute. Doug gained control in 1982, after Harry Parkes thought he had the deal in the bag - and if you remember there were a few bidders that came late on when Lerner purchased us.......I would expect a similar scenario this time...

Edited by smetrov

Maybe the Guggenheim/LA Dodger's connection is correct but the individual names mentioned yesterday are incorrect.

I think its Michael Neville - He is a life long villa fan and has been trying to purchase us for years - he couldn't buy us outright - but could head up a consortuim, that what he was trying to do last time.

Maybe the Guggenheim/LA Dodger's connection is correct but the individual names mentioned yesterday are incorrect.

I think its Michael Neville - He is a life long villa fan and has been trying to purchase us for years - he couldn't buy us outright - but could head up a consortuim, that what he was trying to do last time.

Doug?

My thought was Mark Walter. Not sure how much money Michael Neville has but wouldn't have thought he could be considered a 'major investor'. Just because the indications are that they might buy us even if we're relegated I don't think that has to mean that the buyer/s are Villa fan/s.

• Like 1

be southampton who win nothing and miss out on champions league or be city and play in CL and win silverware hmm i wonder which i would choose!

I think you kinda missed the point I was making.

I just don't want us picking up a load of plastic fans. I hate Chelsea and City. I don't want to become them.

I don't care who supports us. I'd like a bit of success. You and yours will know that you are a proper Villain and that should be all that matters.

I don't think so, around the time he was part of that consortium he stopped posting on TBAR because of a NDA. And as far as I know he's now back talking about it. I've seen Bryan Richardson's name mentioned on another forum, not sure if that was joke or what.

Edited by useless

I like the idea of a consortium. Things went belly up for us due to one man's personal misfortune, so spreading the risk around seems a much safer approach.

We could do with the investment of someone who can afford to buy us outright, not the spare change of a few businessmen who have clubbed together. I suppose it could be argued that if the consortium members are very rich individuals they will still have plenty to spare after buying only a fraction of the club each, although many would think anyone really wealthy wouldn't bother sharing the club with others who have potentially differing opinions on how the club moves forward.

• Like 2

Â