2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Call me a doom merchant but even if we do get taken over, I can't see the new owners wanting to spend much. It will probably be the same level of spending as we do now, but with a more interested owner.

Call me a doom merchant but even if we do get taken over, I can't see the new owners wanting to spend much. It will probably be the same level of spending as we do now, but with a more interested owner.

You are a doom merchant. Why on earth will new owners take over with the intention of spending some of the lowest transfer fee's and wages in the Premier League?

I posted something about that last week, FFP was going to be relaxed particularly for clubs with new owners so yes we would have flexibility to splash a bit around although maybe too late for this summer.

That's UEFA FFP, which doesn't affect us

Watch the Takeover happen in the next few days, now that this has been given the green light.

(Disclaimer: I'm not ITK at all, I don't want any credit if it actually does happen all of a sudden, this just a bit of educated speculation.)

I'm prepared to give you full credit, DeadlyDirk.

• Like 2

So since youth spending isn't factored in, does this mean that the big clubs will be looking to steal our best youngsters before they sign pro terms?

Probably.

And then they'll get fined and banned from signing players just like Barcelona.

And then they'll appeal...

In the long run I don't see any future for any rule meant to keep money out of football

I posted something about that last week, FFP was going to be relaxed particularly for clubs with new owners so yes we would have flexibility to splash a bit around although maybe too late for this summer.

You would assume the Premier League will alter it's rules too to better represent the UEFA rules.

You are a doom merchant. Why on earth will new owners take over with the intention of spending some of the lowest transfer fee's and wages in the Premier League?

Well, seeing as we probably turned a profit last season and the new TV money is coming, just spending inside FFP would see us be able to increase our spend, and that spent wisely should be enough for us to not go down and get towards mid table. Rinse and repeat with some great scouting and management and anything is possible. You'd think we could spend £30-£40m a year with the books as they are for a few years and not fall foul of the FFP. What is it, no more than £50m loss in 3 years?

That said, FFP gets relaxed and we get taken over by someone with some serious financial clout and I would very much doubt we spend only £30m a year. I would hope they have a bit of the carefully build something great approach about them though. Even though if Benteke and Delph etc go, we need 10 players in! ;)

You would assume the Premier League will alter it's rules too to better represent the UEFA rules.

Problem being FFP from Uefa has been dictated to the clubs , Prem League  FFP went to a vote to be introduced.

So since it was voted in by a landslide last time , which clubs will change their vote now ? If we were taken over for example will likes of Stoke and West Ham agree a spending change to allow us to catch and over take them ? Will Liverpool , United etc vote so we can catch them up ? 

First indications that we were in a 'period of exclusivity' with preferred bidders was on June 8th. So if we count six full weeks from then, it could well be until the week commencing the 20th July before we hear anything one way or the other.

So start the countdown! I'd be surprised if we heard anything before this date.

Â