2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Meanwhile..

Jeremy Peace, Albion’s chairman, has signalled his intention to sell up and it is believed that a Chinese consortium has shown serious interest in taking over at The Hawthorns. Albion are expected to release a statement within the next 24 hours clarifying the takeover situation.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/30/west-brom-rickie-lambert-charlie-austin-terry-burton

Also their shirt sponsor revealed today is Chinese too.

Seems their takeover is close.

50/50 can used to denote that something will either happen or it won't. I don't know about betting odds since I don't gamble. Forget about the 50/50 and focus on the idea that it will either happen or it won't happen, this summer, then you'll see that what I say is true, but still pretty pointless. ps, i have been trying to change the subject .

50/50 means that there's as much a chance of one thing as the other. The word you're looking for is "binary" in that it'll be either one option or the other, with no specification regarding the likelihood of either.
I can't help feeling like this post might have been a waste of your time

Not really no, I thought it was a good informative post. Although it doesn't really detract from my statement that we'll either be taken over this summer or we won't. But as I say good post and now I might know how to word what I meant, better in the future. Just because I might have disagreed with your 'reasoning' in the past doesn't mean to say I disagree with all reasoning. Unless of course your saying he's wasting his time because I won't understand it on an intellectual level, that might be true to an extent but I think I got the gist of it.

Meanwhile..

Jeremy Peace, Albion’s chairman, has signalled his intention to sell up and it is believed that a Chinese consortium has shown serious interest in taking over at The Hawthorns. Albion are expected to release a statement within the next 24 hours clarifying the takeover situation.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/30/west-brom-rickie-lambert-charlie-austin-terry-burton

Also their shirt sponsor revealed today is Chinese too.

Seems their takeover is close.

Apparently that Chinese sponsor has been involved with the club for over two years now.

50/50 can used to denote that something will either happen or it won't. I don't know about betting odds since I don't gamble. Forget about the 50/50 and focus on the idea that it will either happen or it won't happen, this summer, then you'll see that what I say is true, but still pretty pointless. ps, i have been trying to change the subject .

50/50 means that there's as much a chance of one thing as the other. The word you're looking for is "binary" in that it'll be either one option or the other, with no specification regarding the likelihood of either.
I can't help feeling like this post might have been a waste of your time

Not really no, I thought it was a good informative post. Although it doesn't really detract from my statement that we'll either be taken over this summer or we won't. But as I say good post and now I might know how to word what I meant, better in the future. Just because I might have disagreed with your 'reasoning' in the past doesn't mean to say I disagree with all reasoning. Unless of course your saying he's wasting his time because I won't understand it on an intellectual level, that might be true to an extent but I think I got the gist of it.

Whilst the options presented are essentially binary, either one or the other, the probability of the outcomes are not equal - hence why 50/50 would not be correct in your instance.

I never said the probability of either one happening is equal. Although I except that '50/50' may be misleading, but as I've said I've seen it used to denote that something will either happen or it won't..

Wow the last few pages of this thread have been some of the worst I've ever read on here.

Well, either they were the worst you ever read or your head is going to turn into Oprah Winfrey's arse. It's 50/50.

• Like 2

Wow the last few pages of this thread have been some of the worst I've ever read on here.

You mean you prefer the fish puns?

Don't know why you're so crabby.

Stevo's Law.

More proof.

One interesting fact to come out of this potential take over is that not one word has been "leaked" from a direct source ie:someone who works inside Villa Park,that's as far as I can see in the 128 pages of this thread,this is most unusual unless of course only a very small tight group of people know what is actually happening and are sworn to secrecy.If this is the case then we will not know who the new owners could be until all the formalities have been completed,therefore we must be patient yet again in the hope that our team for next season is stronger than last season especially with what's is at stake financially.

Â