2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

LA Galaxy and Cricket got to do with the Exclusive if its about AVFC?

They haven't, the tweeter is just listing all the exclusives in tomorrow's Daily Mirror (British Tabloid).

Edited by useless

Might be clutching at straws re:Nursey exclusive, but he was the first to reveal Chinese interest I believe. So maybe he has a contact within the 'supposed' Chinese consortium.....or maybe it's an exclusive interview with Ray Wilkins.

He claimed the other day that the rival bid (to the Chinese) had been granted exclusivity. It could just be a more detailed report on that. Or it might not even be takeover-related of course.

Back on topic, I'm starting to doubt there's anything going on regarding a takeover. It all feels so similar to what happened last year, the only difference being the reports of 'exclusivity' which is the only thing giving me a bit of hope.

Why do you expect to know about a takeover? How is this situation feeling like anything? We have no information on it other than a report that a potential buyer has been given exclusivity, they may bid, they may not, the fact that it's quiet doesn't mean it is or isn't happening.

It's just last year we had the reports in the press of a takeover the weeks and months passed. We started signing players and people linked that to new owners. Then we gave a job to keane and again people linked to a takeover, the same with Fox. I feel like I'm getting so much Déjà vu.

I can see where you're coming from,we all said last year that surely Tom Fox wouldn't have left Arsenal to Villa if a takeover wasnt afoot, staying cautious for now. Really hope we get taken over, boy do we need it

It is also daunting scenario for Villa’s owners-in-waiting, who are believed to have American links.

They have negotiated an exclusive six-week period to complete their takeover and an agreement is expected next month.

Lerner has consequently rejected bids from a wealthy Chinese consortium keen on the club.

As revealed by MirrorSport in April, the Far East group were also speaking to West Brom and remain in negotiations with Albion chairman Jeremy Peace.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-eye-transfer-aston-5954973

It says wealthy but that could pretty much describe anybody who's looking to buy a Premier League football team. Interesting that it says 'American links' and not Americans. Did someone not say that they heard it might be an American based in Europe or the other way around.

Its football and Villa so nothing surprises you but that seems like the biggest load of bollocks I've seen. I could sort of see that sort of deal where Delph decided to show somewhat loyalty (if that's what you call it) & didn't want Villa to lose out getting nothing for him, but £10m, really?

That said its a pretty random thing to make up.

All I will say is that if we are sold I hope Lerner has found us a mega rich billionaire who will, with the help of FFP changes, invest heavily in our squad. It needed it before the spine of the team was allowed to be sold/released.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

Â