2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

So basically nobody knows anything new.....or have I missed something?

Which is really how it should be. Last season TBAR was full of bullshitting "ITK's" and nothing happened. It's better we don't hear anything, even rumours, as it should mean that it's all being done behind closed doors. Plus i'll be less disappointed if we aren't taken over.

It would seem he runs the club to an extent but I don't think he'd be making top level appointments, without consulting Lerner first. Lerner has said himself that if no takeover happens then he has a plan b to appoint a Chairman, why would he need to do that if Fox already has complete full control.

Bit late to the party here but, FWIW, I run a small business and I don't get involved in the slightest who my commercial manager hires. Her team has a budget and she's free to use it how she deems best. Otherwise, there's no point in delegating that responsibility over to her.
You're a wise man. However, it's not always like that.

No, but in our case the guy who owns the business doesn't want to own the business. So why would he of all people give a shit who we hire as long as it is within budget?

It would seem he runs the club to an extent but I don't think he'd be making top level appointments, without consulting Lerner first. Lerner has said himself that if no takeover happens then he has a plan b to appoint a Chairman, why would he need to do that if Fox already has complete full control.

Bit late to the party here but, FWIW, I run a small business and I don't get involved in the slightest who my commercial manager hires. Her team has a budget and she's free to use it how she deems best. Otherwise, there's no point in delegating that responsibility over to her.
You're a wise man. However, it's not always like that.

No, but in our case the guy who owns the business doesn't want to own the business. So why would he of all people give a shit who we hire as long as it is within budget?

Yep.

One thing you can't accuse Lerner of is not delegating. He let MON run amok with the chequebook, he has very little time for us these days  I really don't see him invloved in this decision at all.

Wilkins said he has been dealing with Fox and TS, so I don't think his appointment has anything to do with a takeover.

Edited by hippo

Lerner isn't going to put the news on and hear about Wilkins being appointed is he? He will have be informed about it and if he didn't like the decision, for whatever reason he could put a stop to it, he's the owner of Aston Villa Football Club and it's Chairman, he's also Tom Fox's boss. Fox won't have free reign to do with finances as he pleases.

There really isn't any point in anyone giving you a serious reply. 

You aren't prepared to listen to reasoned arguments and are blatantly trolling. 

Trolling? I haven't got a clue what your talking about. Because I think that Fox will have consulted Lerner before giving the Assistant Manager's job to Wilkins (or anyone) I'm trolling?

I'd still love an answer to this from Eames or even one of the people who liked the message. How on earth does what I've written have anything to do with 'blatantly trolling'? Really annoying to be accused of doing so.

Fox is CEO, he has control of the board to such an extent that he can sack the manager should he so wish. Therefore the decision making process is entirely his and limited only to the extent, financially speaking, of the agreed budget with Robin Rusell for the financial year.

Lerner will soon relinquish any control of the running of the club, either by resigning as chairman brought about by sale or otherwise.

Edited by Ads

Taking the silence to my above question as confirmation of my suspicions. Anyway if anyone thinks I'm trolling, I'm pretty sure your meant to press the report button. I'll probably get in trouble for this post.

Taking the silence to my above question as confirmation of my suspicions. Anyway if anyone thinks I'm trolling, I'm pretty sure your meant to press the report button. I'll probably get in trouble for this post.

Maybe trolling is a strong word but I certainly wouldn't take silence to be confirmation of your suspicions.  Put it another way.  If someone has tried to explain something 20 times and not been heard, they eventually just give up trying.

• Like 3

But if trying to sell the club and possibly being close to doing so wouldn't Lerner want to know if extra wages would be going out and wouldnt the potential new owners wanna know if there looking at the books?

Edited by Villan81

Back on topic, I'm starting to doubt there's anything going on regarding a takeover. It all feels so similar to what happened last year, the only difference being the reports of 'exclusivity' which is the only thing giving me a bit of hope.

Maybe trolling is a strong word but I certainly wouldn't take silence to be confirmation of your suspicions.  Put it another way.  If someone has tried to explain something 20 times and not been heard, they eventually just give up trying.

You don't know what my suspicions are. And just because someone has tried to explain something twenty times doesn't mean to say I have to agree with them. No more than if I explained something twenty times I'd expect people to agree with me.

So it's the same, apart from a pretty big difference of finding buyers and granting one of them exclusivity?

I didn't say it was the same. I just said it all feels so similar to last year. We don't know if someone has been granted exclusivity or not. But as I say that it's been reported is one of the only things giving me hope at the moment. Because nothing else seems to be pointing to a takeover. Hopefully I'm just being impatient.

Back on topic, I'm starting to doubt there's anything going on regarding a takeover. It all feels so similar to what happened last year, the only difference being the reports of 'exclusivity' which is the only thing giving me a bit of hope.

Why do you expect to know about a takeover? How is this situation feeling like anything? We have no information on it other than a report that a potential buyer has been given exclusivity, they may bid, they may not,  the fact that it's quiet doesn't mean it is or isn't happening. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

You said it feels similar. How is it similar?

It feels similar to any other pre-season. I know people say that it has to be business as usual, which I guess is true to a certain extent. But I'm having my niggling doubts. I wouldn't worry about what I think though, luckily it has no bearings on what will actually happen. I'm not saying that we're definitely not going to be bought, just that I'm not as confident of it at the moment as I once was.

Why do you expect to know about a takeover? How is this situation feeling like anything? We have no information on it other than a report that a potential buyer has been given exclusivity, they may bid, they may not,  the fact that it's quiet doesn't mean it is or isn't happening. 

It's just last year we had the reports in the press of a takeover the weeks and months passed. We started signing players and people linked that to new owners. Then we gave a job to keane and again people linked to a takeover, the same with Fox. I feel like I'm getting so much Déjà vu.

• Like 1

You said it feels similar. How is it similar?

It feels similar to any other pre-season. I know people say that it has to be business as usual, which I guess is true to a certain extent. But I'm having my niggling doubts. I wouldn't worry about what I think though, luckily it has no bearings on what will actually happen. I'm not saying that we're definitely not going to be bought, just that I'm not as confident of it at the moment as I once was.

But every pre-season is similar. Players get bought and sold, contracts come to an end, loans finish, new staff are hired, etc.

• Like 2

Not sure what some posters expect to happen during a take-over when NDAs have been signed and one party has been given exclusivity.

Daily updates are not going to happen, we will be told what has happened and not what is happening.

• Like 3

Â