2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Well, it's got to happen some time.

Loaded Chinese owners would be excellent, all that revenue they can say they've brought in from the Chinese mainland and there's not a thing any footballing body can do to verify it. It would be an unprecedented expansion of revenue should we overnight become China's premier league team. How could FFP enforcers disagree with any precedent in shirt sales or sponsorship that we set, in China - it has not been done before. We could have a huge financial advantage here.

Also Ron Vlaar today - "I feel things have changed at the club so you never know. I can’t tell anyone too much about it right now." I think we're on, Chinese or not.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

Wonder if this so called Chinese Consortium is anything to do with Wang Jianlin? Personal worth $13.2billion.. Although he put a 20% stake in Atletico Madrid a few months back.

I quoted on this thread a few weeks back an interview I watched with him on Talking Business where he openly talked about his plans to invest further in football, and stated that his preferences were for an Italian team or an English one. I'm not saying I think it's likely, because I don't, but I also don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility. 

• Like 1

I really don't want Chinese ownership - if and when they get bored, I imagine the state of the accounts would make the due diligence period nigh on impossible.

you can say that about any rich owner though, but thats if you believe that they are buying them as play things

wang jianlin owns dalian wanda who own - 

AMC entertainment (biggest cinema chain in america)

Wanda cinemas (biggest cinema chain in asia)

sunseeker (yachts)

theme parks in china

a $1bn hotel in london and another in new york

they are also the biggest private property developer in china

so he's got plenty of fingers in pies which he could attach to a football club, he buys us, plows a ton of cash in to us, loses loads of money on us, stick dalian wanda on everything, builds up the brand name here and on the side they become the biggest private property developer in london too making far more than they are losing 

If  Wang Jianlin had been identified as a potential purchaser of the Villa, Randy Lerner should crawl over red hot coals to sign him up.The man is a seriously rich business man who's business's succeed and Villa would be purchased not to be an exception in his business empire.We now have in place  an excellent business man as CEO and a shrewd ambitious young manger whom I am sure would not spend the reckless type of money wasted in recent times along with associated wages.If his name does become a reality we should all be jumping for joy. Man City mark 2 we will not become because the Chinese respect austerity as well as investment,by investment in football terms I mean young players with the potential to succeed.

• Like 1

I typed AMC entertainment Aston Villa into google and got a hit

Merger with AMC Entertainment Inc. - Arnold & Porter LLP ...
www.arnoldporter.com/experience.cfm?action...
Arnold & Porter

Acquisition of Aston Villa, a publicly traded UK football (soccer) team more ». IPC Media Limited ... Representation: Merger with AMC Entertainment Inc. Practice ...

and thought hmmm interesting  ..however clicking the link then bought up the article about Lerner buying the club  ... foiled

Â