2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

All the reports since Pearce's intention to sell was broke have cited that fee. It is baffling that such a tinpot club have attracted any sort of interest for that sort of coin though.

Edited by Isa

It's amazing how we've been up for sale for almost a year, Everton at the right price for about 5 years, Newcastle have flirted with it and got no offers and yet baggies have been up for sale for 2 months and have this great offer on the table already

If this consortium is pondering whether to buy ourselves or the Baggie's, I'd suggest they are neither overly ambitious or particularly bright.

If this consortium is pondering whether to buy ourselves or the Baggie's, I'd suggest they are neither overly ambitious or particularly bright.

If Nursey's original story is correct, then we are their first choice with Albion as the fall-back option should we drop.

If Nursey's original story is correct, then we are their first choice with Albion as the fall-back option should we drop.

That would be a big fall back! 

I thought we were pretty much debt free these days since Lerner turned his loans to equity? Anyway - West Brom's owner's recent statement looks like frustration, if Nursey is right then it looks like the baggies are sniffing Villa's survival and know they ain't getting bought over us. Yeah, I'm speculating. Anything to kill the hours till Everton.

West Brom will be bringing in the same amount of TV money and probably have far lower operating costs than us. Seems a good club to buy if you want to actually try and make money from a football club - certainly a better bet than us, Everton or Newcastle where the expectations of the fans are higher, the aforementioned operating costs are higher etc. 

West Brom will be bringing in the same amount of TV money and probably have far lower operating costs than us. Seems a good club to buy if you want to actually try and make money from a football club - certainly a better bet than us, Everton or Newcastle where the expectations of the fans are higher, the aforementioned operating costs are higher etc.

If the buyers only want to make money we don't want them anyway!

Football is  a different beast now.

What makes a big club anymore?  Is it revenue, fan base, attendances, success?

Now the new TV deal is here the difference between the baggies of this word, Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle, Everton and our beloved club etc is smaller and smaller in terms of revenue, unless you have a significant global brand and the revenue from that.

20+ years ago it made a difference if you pulled in crowds of 40,000+ compared to some who could barely reach 20,000.  Nowadays tv revenue accounts for such a great percentage of the income of football clubs that your matchday fanbase is quickly becoming irrelevant.

It's one of the reasons why I think ticket prices should be cut significantly otherwise clubs are in danger of losing their identity and their links to the localities in which they exist.

• Like 3

F11CD74D-A070-4F73-8A7B-08B25065FCA9_zps

Most West Brom fans seem to actually like the current set up they have and aren't as perhaps welcoming as our fans to the news.

I sort of feel the same; I feel like Randy Lerner is finally getting there but at the same time perhaps we need a fresh approach after struggling for so long. It's a tough one.

Supposedly May 31st is the deadline for WBA and three investors (Groups from Far East, Australia and US) are interested in them according to PA, if that is correct (which it most likely is considering the source) I think there is a good chance that they will get sold and I presume we probably have about the same amount of interest despite the two differences but it's all pending survival.

If the buyers only want to make money we don't want them anyway!

Most buyers will just be looking at that side of things - which is why I wouldn't mind sticking with Randy and the set up we have now. It could be a lot worse and there's not a massive chance of it being much better. 

• Like 1

Â