2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

James Nursey and it's The Mirror.. but i'll post it anyway

Aston Villa takeover: Chinese consortium plan purchase just HOURS after FA Cup final

Aston Villa are being targeted by a wealthy Chinese consortium who want to complete a takeover immediately after the FA Cup final.

Tim Sherwood’s side stunned Liverpool on Sunday to set up a showdown against Arsenal on May 30.

And Villa could lift the Cup then be in new hands within hours as the Chinese are determined to buy a Premier League club.

The group have also held talks with neighbouring West Brom as a back-up plan as the move for Villa would depend on them avoiding relegation.

MirrorSport understands the consortium already have representatives in England and are doing due diligence ahead of completing a Villa deal in early June.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-takeover-chinese-consortium-5555974

In fairness to Nursery he would seem to be privy to more information Villa related than most jorns out there.

Could be a very good time to get Chinese owners if it's true. I was listening to TalkSport a few weeks back and they were commenting on how China are currently investing billions of pounds building football pitches/facilities all over the country in order to challenge for the World Cup in 20 years time. It would be amazing to get the majority of the Chinese public to follow Villa. The income would be incredible.

I'm OK with the current Lerner/Fox/Sherwood regime you know. I'm not saying things couldn't be better, but they could be a lot worse. In reality if Lerner sells there's a good chance Fox and Sherwood follow him out and there's no guarantee (at all) that we'd be in a better place as a result. 

I'm open to a takeover but I hope that Lerner realises how important it is for him to get the sale right. He can't just wash his hands of us to anyone who will cough up the fee. The idea of Chinese owners makes me nervous tbh.

• Like 3

The idea of new owners is incredibly exciting but also incredibly worrying. I'm not a huge fan of FFP but at least it greatly reduces the risk of a new owner completely ballsing things up for us.

Could be a very good time to get Chinese owners if it's true. I was listening to TalkSport a few weeks back and they were commenting on how China are currently investing billions of pounds building football pitches/facilities all over the country in order to challenge for the World Cup in 20 years time. It would be amazing to get the majority of the Chinese public to follow Villa. The income would be incredible.

It could be a huge income for the club, Yao Ming is chinas best basketball player and plays for the Houston Rockets in the NBA, Evry time houston rockets play there are 300 million chinese watching.

It could be a huge income for the club, Yao Ming is chinas best basketball player and plays for the Houston Rockets in the NBA, Evry time houston rockets play there are 300 million chinese watching.

Is it 2010 again?

Edit :  On a more serious note, the NBA is different, as there's genuine revenue sharing, so a single team can hardly make a fortune out of a specific market. Might be different in football, but fwiw Houston Rockets' earnings from Chinese sponsors during Yao's time were estimated at about $1mil per year. ~7 out of ~85 team sponsors were Chinese and that was good for about 5% of the total annual sponsorship income and less than 1% of their total revenue. Jeremy Lin's acquisition was rumoured to be worth close to $10 mil per year for the Rockets, but that's probably highly exaggerated, as they swiftly got rid of him.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

Is it 2010 again?

I mean when he played for the rockets

General racial profiling when it comes to potential takeover individuals/parties:

British - Know's the game, isn't rich and can't invest well enough.

American - Has no idea about 'soccer' and surrounds themselves with yes men. Puts club in debt.

Russian - Loaded, probably has dodgy connections but invests plenty.

Egyptian/ Arabian (or anyone who wears a thawb for simplicity) - rich, probably royalty, likes to use club to promote own wealth/standing.

Indian/Chinese (anyone Asian falls under this category for those lacking geography skills) - dodgy trading, will change the colours of your team and alienate the fans.

European - trying to use us a feeder club for their other club.

Mixed nationality consortium - just in it for the money and are heartless money men who will sponsor everything.

Right, are we all clear? Let's move on....

(please sense sarcastic tone before being offended!)

Having considered jack's post carefully, its Russian's or nothing for me ☺

They need to think about extending the ground because we are going to be left behind by West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool with their new grounds. 

I know we don't fill it at the moment but the term "build it and they will come" comes to mind. 

• Like 1

To highlight:  These Chinese are interested in us or Albion.  They are interested in us IF we stay up.

i.e. Premier League Morons to take Albion over us.  Also no common sense or taste.  Not interested in plonking millions of pounds on the greatest club on earth regardless of current status in the sure knowledge we shall rise to prominence.  Pass.

They need to think about extending the ground because we are going to be left behind by West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool with their new grounds.

I know we don't fill it at the moment but the term "build it and they will come" comes to mind.

Build the team and they will come.

Extending Villa Park in our current malaise / situation would be absolute business suicide.

(Although business suicide sounds right up Randy's street, so I'm surprised we're not playing in a 200,000 seater pantheon).

• Like 4

Â