The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Did you see him quit?

If he'd put the club before his need for a pay off he'd have quit. He didn't, even though it was clear we were going in one direction. 

That's not what you said. You said he was 'happy' to see the club 'head down'. There's no evidence that he was happy for the club to get relegated, or even that he wasn't bothered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

It's not about having or not having ill feelings towards him. He got treated like he was some sort of Villa great when in actual fact he contributed massively to the position we are currently in.

As Milfner said, he got a better standing ovation than John Gregory did.

Hmm I highly doubt your final line

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Were you there?

To be honest I do find this convo a ill pointless comparing a reception of a ex manager who managed us over 15 years ago. What's next  Sherwood wears better suits than Ron Atkinson? 

9 hours ago, Czechlad said:

There is a reason he can't even get a job in the championship. If Tim wants to be a manager, he has to go down a few divisions or try his hand abroad somewhere. He seems to be a likable person who can motivate players, but if you have no shape, or tactical knowledge, your teams will struggle. When Tim first took over, we had a great run of results because we were using Lambert's tactics, but with a team that seem revitalized. Next season when Tim had his time to put his mark on the players, we struggle heavily. 

:o Not saying by any stretch of the imagination that Tim was/is a good manager, but when he came in our style was the polar opposite of Lambert's turgid shite. Players were even allowed in the opposition half on occasion, and if we fell behind we were no longer content to defend our one goal deficit.

• Like 3

Didn't know John Gregory was there. Absolutely mad that Tim **** Sherwood of all people got a better reception. I've got a lot of respect for JG - he did a good job and you can tell he cares a lot about the club but Sherwood? He's a charlatan, simple as that.

On Lambert, while I think he went seriously downhill in the latter half of his tenure, I think he did a better job than Sherwood.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

:o Not saying by any stretch of the imagination that Tim was/is a good manager, but when he came in our style was the polar opposite of Lambert's turgid shite. Players were even allowed in the opposition half on occasion, and if we fell behind we were no longer content to defend our one goal deficit.

I really believe the players just stopped playing for Lambert. Lambert never told the team to go out and not attack whatsoever, but the lack of urgency and complacency in Lambert's final days made it very difficult to get past any midfield or defensive line. Then Tim came in and the players were reinvigorated. There is no way Tim was able to get the team playing his system perfectly in only a few weeks. I really think it was Lambert's tactics but with Tim's ability to fire the squad up. 

On 12/19/2016 at 14:40, StefanAVFC said:

People were actually calling for Sherwood to come back when RDM was sacked.

I'm a member of a few FB groups and many were calling for him on there too.

Some of our fans aren't that bright.

It's mind blowingly baffling.

One of the main reasons we're in the Championship and some wanted him back.

Absolutely mental.

• Like 3

On 19/12/2016 at 21:11, Demitri_C said:

To be honest I do find this convo a ill pointless comparing a reception of a ex manager who managed us over 15 years ago. What's next  Sherwood wears better suits than Ron Atkinson? 

So why engage him in the conversation if you think it's pointless?

Matt is right, it was farcical. If I hadn't been so zoned out from the Christmas party I'd have been very annoyed. Not because of a particular hatred for Sherwood, but merely for the fact it makes us look like utter clowns who understand literally **** all about football and I like to at least pretend I know what I'm talking about!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So why engage him in the conversation if you think it's pointless?

Matt is right, it was farcical. If I hadn't been so zoned out from the Christmas party I'd have been very annoyed. Not because of a particular hatred for Sherwood, but merely for the fact it makes us look like utter clowns who understand literally **** all about football and I like to at least pretend I know what I'm talking about!

Maybe because fans are grateful he saved us from relegation that year? He was pretty hopeless but I don't understand why it would annoy you. People can cheer or dislike who they want

Â