The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

I saw in a different thread, the mention of some 'banter with Tim' before or during the QPR match yesterday. Could somebody enlighten me on what was being said/gesticulated pleased? One VT member has described it as 'embarrassing.' Interested to know what happened.

Wasn't banter at all. The fans sang "Sherwood, give us a wave". He did.

Then he walked over and got a standing ovation from almost every fan in the away end. I'm sure some fans were singing "Tim Sherwood is one of our own". Definitely no audible boo's or groans. 

If it was banter or irony it certainly didn't seem like that and Timmy definitely didn't think that.

I thought it was embarrassing as well. I stood there in amazement shaking my head.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Seemed to speak highly of us to be fair. Could've easily just been negative and bitter about us. My dad said he celebrated when we scored as well.

We could see him in the Sky Sports box from where we were sat studiously watching game. The round of applause he got from the Villa fans probably influenced his agenda for the day though.

Edited by sexbelowsound

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't have no ill feelings towards him, he was pretty hopeless but he did give us some good times and helped get us to the final of the cup.

the one nil at spurs was particularly satisfying :)

It's not about having or not having ill feelings towards him. He got treated like he was some sort of Villa great when in actual fact he contributed massively to the position we are currently in.

As Milfner said, he got a better standing ovation than John Gregory did.

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

It's not about having or not having ill feelings towards him. He got treated like he was some sort of Villa great when in actual fact he contributed massively to the position we are currently in.

As Milfner said, he got a better standing ovation than John Gregory did.

Second to none.

I thought it was great.   The singing was One Tim Sherwood etc and give us a wave - the he's one of our own was for Gregory - I did not hear that for Timmy.   I was near the front and Tim was right in front of us.  Gregory was in the centre of the pitch and was being interviewed by the QPR man - once finished, he got a rousing round of He's one of our own - so I would not say Sherwood got treated any better than JG . 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hev said:

I thought it was great.   The singing was One Tim Sherwood etc and give us a wave - the he's one of our own was for Gregory - I did not hear that for Timmy.   I was near the front and Tim was right in front of us.  Gregory was in the centre of the pitch and was being interviewed by the QPR man - once finished, he got a rousing round of He's one of our own - so I would not say Sherwood got treated any better than JG . 

Timmy being treated better or not better than JG is only really an additional point. There's no way Sherwood took the applause he got as ironic and if it wasn't meant in that way then I find it ridiculous.

If that had been Paul Lambert would have received that? I doubt it. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Timmy being treated better or not better than JG is only really an additional point. There's no way Sherwood took the applause he got as ironic and if it wasn't meant in that way then I find it ridiculous.

If that had been Paul Lambert would have received that? I doubt it. 

Can't even be compared. Sherwood, while shit, didn't ask to be sacked to get a pay out but not quit and didn't sign a long term deal after just asking to be sacked.

He was a part in our downfall, Lambert got the unstoppable snowball rolling and was happy for it to head down at a troubling speed while waiting to be paid off. 

Lambert would rightly get booed to shit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Can be compared and just was. Both ex-managers, both responsible for different levels of our current predicament, both ultimately failed in their remit.

Neither deserve a standing ovation yet Sherwood got one. To me that is just ridiculous. 

I wouldn't give him a standing ovation, but I don't hate him on the level of Lambert. It's not even close, and looks like lots of the away fans yesterday feel the same. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't give him a standing ovation, but I don't hate him on the level of Lambert. It's not even close, and looks like lots of the away fans yesterday feel the same. 

But you dislike both and rightly so.

My point about Lambert was that he is an ex manager just like Sherwood who contributed to our downfall.

I'd expect nothing for Lambert and i'd expect nothing for Sherwood.

I was stood amongst it yesterday. It was honestly baffling. I expected it to all be in jest, it wasn't.

Edited by sexbelowsound

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I just don't understand the world we live in today.
Are these fans really that naive after all Sherwood's bullshit and bluster was shown to be just that?

A standing ovation...for Sherwood of all people?

Christ, show some glass, give the man a round of applause if you wish but a standing ovation...Sherwood???

People are always stood up in the away end and therefore a round of applause IS as standing ovation. ;)

• Like 1

There is a reason he can't even get a job in the championship. If Tim wants to be a manager, he has to go down a few divisions or try his hand abroad somewhere. He seems to be a likable person who can motivate players, but if you have no shape, or tactical knowledge, your teams will struggle. When Tim first took over, we had a great run of results because we were using Lambert's tactics, but with a team that seem revitalized. Next season when Tim had his time to put his mark on the players, we struggle heavily. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Can't even be compared. Sherwood, while shit, didn't ask to be sacked to get a pay out but not quit and didn't sign a long term deal after just asking to be sacked.

He was a part in our downfall, Lambert got the unstoppable snowball rolling and was happy for it to head down at a troubling speed while waiting to be paid off. 

Lambert would rightly get booed to shit. 

Says who?

Â