The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What about the rest of my post?

I think it makes a very weak point. Of course no one individual relegated us, that's a given. 

However, Sherwood is very much one of 'those clowns he employed'. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think it makes a very weak point. Of course no one individual relegated us, that's a given. 

The course for relegation was the only time we saw a team effort.

• Like 1

I remember the last 3 games of the 14/15 season, once it was confirmed we had dodged relegation. Loss to Southampton 6 -1, 1 nil loss to already relegated Burnley at Villa Park, then the 4 nil implosion in the FA cup final. I actually thought are we really serious about keeping this guy?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But if you were to rank individuals who contributed, Sherwood would be very much near the top.

He is one known to claim credit for alot of things, but in this case he had alot of help.

To keep it in perspective, Randy was fiddling while Villa burnt. Tim was selling hot dogs.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

However, Sherwood is very much one of 'those clowns he employed'. 

So you think it's a weak point tht Lerner and his clowns contributed towards our relegation? Who appointed sher wood?

For me sher wood completed the rota thaat was already there with fox, reilly and that cancerous cretin Lerner 

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe because fans are grateful he saved us from relegation that year? He was pretty hopeless but I don't understand why it would annoy you. People can cheer or dislike who they want

You answered a question I didn't ask, but ignored the one I did. 

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

Our start under Sherwood last season **** us up just like our start under RDM this season has ruined our chances of automatic promotion and made getting into the playoffs quite difficult.

Getting into the playoffs isn't going to be difficult! 

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Getting into the playoffs isn't going to be difficult! 

Do you really think so?

When DiMatteo got sacked we were 10 points off the playoffs.

Now, despite our good form since Bruce took over, we're still 6 points off the playoffs.

We've made up 4 points in 11 matches.

It's an achievable goal. But it won't be easy

• Like 2

IF Sherwood had kept us up and then left, yes, he probably deserves a round of applause.

However he didn't and therefore, IMO, deserves nothing. Not a chorus of boos and certainly not a round of applause.

Honestly, unless you were there to witness it I really can't put into words how strange it was. 

• Like 1

I can see why people don't hate him and gave him a clap. He saved us and the semi final is one of the best experiences I've had in years following this club. 

He was shit but he wasn't shit long enough to build up a hatred like previous managers. He didn't disrespect us by hanging on for a payoff, although he probably would have given the chance. And he ultimately wasn't in charge for the relegation. He was here for 10 awful games once he'd played a part in putting together his team. Like I said, just not enough time to build annomisity towards him, unless you had it before he arrived, which plenty did. 

He's a small side note in the disaster that was Randy Lerner as Villa owner. 

In terms of blame, the likes of Lerner, Faulkner, Fox and Lambert are way ahead of him for me. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In terms of blame, the likes of Lerner, Faulkner, Fox and Lambert are way ahead of him for me. 

Likewise. I doubt there are many Villa fans who feel different. 

However that's not really the point. It was a rapturous applause, with at least a thousand people singing "there's only one Tim Sherwood". It suggests to me that people think he was hard done by, rather than being a shit manager who threw his players under a bus at a crucial time and did absolutely everything he could to absolve himself of any blame. He was a charlatan, a medler. A businessman. 

I don't hate him for it, it just makes me question the sanity and intelligence of our support. Which is sad. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So why engage him in the conversation if you think it's pointless?

Matt is right, it was farcical. If I hadn't been so zoned out from the Christmas party I'd have been very annoyed. Not because of a particular hatred for Sherwood, but merely for the fact it makes us look like utter clowns who understand literally **** all about football and I like to at least pretend I know what I'm talking about!

To answer your question so are we all of a sudden banning people from arguing a pointless debate? I'm not the first and won't be the last and I haven't seen you call them out on it? 

And I maintain it doesn't make anyone look like clowns think you are over thinking it.

This C-unit had the luck that Benteke Delph & Cleverley decided to "play for moves"

He then contributed to assembing a squad that he nose-dived to the bottom of the league so as to get the sack & 2mill compensation so that he could get the F*** back to Laaaandan.

That some fans dont/didnt see this blatant manouver amazes me till this day

He F***ed us deliberately just for the money out of here

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

This C-unit had the luck that Benteke Delph & Cleverley decided to "play for moves"

He then contributed to assembing a squad that he nose-dived to the bottom of the league so as to get the sack & 2mill compensation so that he could get the F*** back to Laaaandan.

This must be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on VT. 

Sherwood is an absolute word removed and a fraud of a manager, but to suggest he deliberately assembled a poor squad and lost football matches is absolutely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

That is just unbelievable nonsense. You hate him so much you've come up with an absolute monster of a conspiracy theory. 

Wow. 

• Like 1

Â